Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Gas Gauge & Speedometer Reset

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Default Gas Gauge & Speedometer Reset

Can Someone please tell me how to reset my gauges so that they read right? i had someone install "blue LEDS" in my gauge area and it was awesome, but i left the plastic casing off. Since the plastic casing was off, i took my car to get detailed and one of the people accidentally hit my gauge needles and now they dont read right. Anyone know how to reset this problem?
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a tuff one. once the needle is out of place its uper hard to fix. as in maybe new cluster i dont think there is way to reset them in there resting spot but some know please post becasue it would good info to have!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if it is only the gas and speedo that are off you could pull both needles off, fill gas tank to full and place the needle in the full position, should be close? better than driving until your empty and then putting it on! As for the speedo have your friend drive next to you at 30 mph and push the needle back on.

and two other things, put the plastic cover back on your gauge and wash your own car! your car will love you for it......letting others molest your car like that is just WRONG.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I took off my plastic cover off years ago. When I went to indoor car shows, it was Fire Dept/show required to only have 1/4 tank of gas or less in your car to be admitted in the show. I remember some people would drive around the parking lot etc. to use gas. As for me, I would just move my needle . I don't know to date + trust if my Gas needle is in the right position. I try to refill before I drive 225 milesafter each fill up LOL. Don't the xB also have a low gas warning light? Don't remember, cause I have replaced the center display plate with a transparent custom graphic designed plate. Now, I only see warning lights + have to guess what it is for LOL
Good luck
Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

LOL @CANXB - dude i used to wash it by hand all the time when i had it in shows and i would never let anyone touch my ride. But some A-Hole wrecked my box and it all went back to stock... . As for the plastic cover i lost it a long time ago when i took off my cluster to paint my interior pieces. Now im ____ out of luck. Thanks for advice about the needles tho. Im going to try it today and let you know what happens. Ill keep you posted.