Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How to fix an 05 xB heater vent control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM

Default How to fix an 05 xB heater vent control?

I just bought a used 05 xB for my daughter, and the vent control **** turns, but it isn't changing to the cooresponding image (i.e. - it won't switch from the current setting to anything else like defrost, floor heat, etc...) ...no matter where I turn the ****, the air flow stays in the same (out the front vents only) ......the heat and AC work fine, I just can't change the setting for the specifc area I want the air to flow. Is this a simple fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated, since it's difficult for her to see out the window in the morning ..........

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-17-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rickagraves
I just bought a used 05 XB for my daughter, and the vent control **** turns, but it isn't changing to the cooresponding image (i.e. - it won't switch from the current setting to anything else like defrost, floor heat, etc...) ...no matter where I turn the ****, the air flow stays in the same (out the front vents only) ......the heat and AC work fine, I just can't change the setting for the specifc area I want the air to flow. Is this a simple fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated, since it's difficult for her to see out the window in the morning ..........
The cable that is connected to the **** may be broken that goes to the blendor box that controls where the air flows too, what state are you located in?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:02 AM

I wanted to provide an update .........it was the cable connected to the control **** (the one on the far right) .........it had broken in two (right at the back of the ****)...I followed the instructions in this forum to remove the heater control and front bezel ........and swapped out the bad cable with a new one) .......start to finish it took about 45 minutes (stress-free) .........

Thanks for the diagnosis ............
Old 11-22-2013, 01:58 PM

Where can i find the post or instructions to do this please? i am having same problem on my 04 xB.

thx

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-17-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: typo