Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

How to wire my entire interior with lights? Help please =)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How to wire my entire interior with lights? Help please =)

Yeah theres like 100 threads about lighting and many helpful ones and some that have way too many questions and answers to wade through.

My friend installed my cathodes in the front under the dash for me, I have no clue how he did it and I'm not good with this kind of stuff so I figured I'd let him do it. I think he wired it to the cig lighter, but also put in a switch for me. I wanted to order another kit from oznium.com, so I can put them under the seats. But I don't know how I'd wire them to the SAME switch my friend put them on so it would trigger 4 cathodes, front and back.

The bundle of wires he used is behind the console so I wouldn't know what is what... I don't want the wires to show under my seat or anywhere at all, so I don't know where I would put the converter and keep it hidden and where I would run the wires. (under the carpet up to the front? tap into the same line as the cig lighter?)

I think I'd know how to install the cathodes by themselves just by reading the write-ups, but I don't know how to add on extra ones, especially because of the distance between the two. I don't have or know how to solder either.

I just read the write-up about the handles and cup holder LED so I plan on doing that later. The handles I would probably run to my dome light or to another switch. Which is just another confusing part for me.

But if anyone could help me figure out how to add on more cathodes that would be great. I'm doing the LED cup holders tomorrow and that should be easy as 123 so I want all my lighting up at once =) Thanks

(I apologize if this is covered elsewhere, if you can give me a specific thread and post # I'd gladly take that)
Old 04-11-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...129067&start=0

i go into lengthy detail here explaining things.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay cool I don't think I saw that one. So your method was wiring it to the battery. In other words I have to re-do what my friend did, I don't necessarily have to but it would probably be cleaner that way eh? Probably need to get an inline fuse also. I will read that into more detail later. Thanks.