Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

If you've self installed factory Sirius interface,...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default If you've self installed factory Sirius interface,...

If you self installed your Sirius tuner into your Scion... I have a few questions... I bought a used tuner from a user on Scionlife. We've contacted Sirius and the account is active. I installed it into my 06 xB, and am positive it is connected correctly (not my first time using satellite in a vehicle.)

Is there anything that needs to be done to the deck to make it work? I believe the unit came out of an 05 model, and I am using in my 06... are the cables the same?

Should this unit be plug-and-play? Or is there something that needs to be done to the deck to make the Sirius work.

The seller provided me with the ESN number of the unit, because the velcro tape ripped all the labels off of the reciever, thus I cannot verify if the number I was given correspond to the unit I have. For all I know, this could be a unit that was stolen or in someone else's vehicle.

The head unit "sees" the satellite receiver, but it stays on 184 and does not change when moving the channel ****.

Is the cable the same for the 05 head unit and the 06 head unit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, if it doesnt work... should the seller give my money back? Or am I assed out? Opinion? I'm a believer in "sold as is" but if it doesnt work... well... anyway..

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, I give up. Got the account switched over, but, still no dice. It's all connected.

Just a warning- be sure that stuff will actually work before you buy from people online, especially non-feedback based buying. Anyway, I won't drop names, because I don't think it was intentional, but the seller didn't offer my money back.. I'm cool with sold as is, but anyway- lesson learned.

Later.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

channel 184 is the preview channel for Sirius. The Sirius Id should show on that channel, so I would double check to see if the numbers match up. Also, see if the toyota parts department can give you a install manual, it might have some extra directions in it.

Jason
Old 11-28-2005, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

On the 06 HU, from Sirius: "Go to channel 255, hit text, that will give you the ESN number."

Unfortunately, the channels don't change....