Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Box Alarm Babble

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Box Alarm Babble

Decided to get an alarm, so I went to CarToys. Clifford Matrix10.2 is $329, installed. Installed is a relative term. To put in a hood-pin is $35. A glass breakage sensor is $75. A battery backup siren is $145, and relocating the antenna near the mirror for better two-way communication is $22. And finally, programming the Clifford key fobs for keyless entry is $60. All labor included...

Which of these things is worth the price?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

none....go buy DEI products.....
Old 11-28-2005, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond

Clifford is owned by DEI genius.

Peckhammer- You got ripped off. Seriously ripped off. The installation manual tells you that the antenna is supposed to be installed on the windsheild. A battery backup runs 40 bucks, a mercury switch for your hood is 16 bucks (and shouldnt be extra to install since a regular hood pinswitch comes in that alarm!). Glass breakage for 75 isnt a bad deal but worthless because a well tuned shock sensor makes a glass sensor obsolete. Programming the key fobs?! Gimme a break! It takes me 15 seconds to program any DEI or Clifford product. They ripped you SERIOUSLY. Id go back and demand money back for:
Hoodpin install- Best Buy or Circuit doesnt charge for this
Battery Backup- 99% of the time BB or Circuit wont charge for this labor, just part
Two way antenna install- complete and utter BS they fed you to take your money. NO ONE CHARGES FOR THIS!
Programming- tell them to stop playing you for a fool.

If they continue to give you crap, send me a PM. Im an installer and I can tell you what exactly they are doing to stick it to you. Ill call their store if need be.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've been ripped off by them before, but lesson learned. Never do business with Car Toys again.

....move to ICE.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB

Peckhammer- You got ripped off. Seriously ripped off. The installation manual tells you that the antenna is supposed to be installed on the windsheild. A battery backup runs 40 bucks, a mercury switch for your hood is 16 bucks (and shouldnt be extra to install since a regular hood pinswitch comes in that alarm!). Glass breakage for 75 isnt a bad deal but worthless because a well tuned shock sensor makes a glass sensor obsolete. Programming the key fobs?! Gimme a break! It takes me 15 seconds to program any DEI or Clifford product. They ripped you SERIOUSLY. Id go back and demand money back for:
Battery Backup- 99% of the time BB or Circuit wont charge for this labor, just part
Two way antenna install- complete and utter BS they fed you to take your money. NO ONE CHARGES FOR THIS!

If they continue to give you crap, send me a PM. Im an installer and I can tell you what exactly they are doing to stick it to you. Ill call their store if need be.
You are overselling Best buy/circuit city, but he definately did get ripped off. battery backup takes me about 20 minutes to install if a spot is already located for it, i think my old shop charged about 30 bucks for labor.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

i know
I was being fecetious
Old 11-28-2005, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Rivulent

You are overselling Best buy/circuit city, but he definately did get ripped off. battery backup takes me about 20 minutes to install if a spot is already located for it, i think my old shop charged about 30 bucks for labor.
im not overselling them. I giving him two large stores that would probably be in his area that he could compare to the POS store who did his alarm install for reference.