Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Infinity Basslink Powered Subwoofer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member

Default Infinity Basslink Powered Subwoofer

I am looking at getting an Infinity Basslink 10" 200W Powered Subwoofer for my tC. I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about them. How they sound etc. Its about the same price as the Bazooka made for the tC. I would like to know how either of them sound or what people think of them. Thanks for the help!!

Megan
Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The bottom line is Megan, they are going to sound good but not great. I have installed a 3 12" subs powered at a max of I believe 300 watts each (Infinity Brand). They sounded pretty good and you couldn't ask for an easier install. Just remember it's kind of like a dvd/vcr combo. If you drop it and it breaks, you now need a dvd and a vcr.

Of course, you won't drop this. I'm just saying, the two components (amp/sub) are not independantly replaceable.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member

The basslink doesn't sound to bad for what it is. I haven't heard the oem sub but the basslink should be comparable. If your not looking for ton of low end go for it. It may be a bit easier to tell down the road then the oem if you decide to upgrade at tany point. Of course I got mine used and paid quite a bit less for it then I would've for the oem so I may be a little biased.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

You will not find a better solution for $200. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to gove up any hatch space tp add some low end... at least with the Basslink, I only have to give up a tiny little corner. The sound is amazing for how small the package is, the power consumption is tiny (12A peak, meaning you can run it on 10ga), and as I said before, you absolutely cannot beat the price. A 10" sub, a box, and an amp (with remote gain) for 200 bucks? Not gonna happen. Well, unless you buy a Basslink, that is.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Good Sounding Sub

I've played with my friend's basslink. This little sub can really push out some good bass. You won't be settting off car alarms as you drive by, but you will get a good low-end boost that will bring out all the rattles the tC has.

IMO, by the time you're pushing this unit to it's limits, your OTHER speakers will already be uncomfortably loud. It gets to be louder than I'd ever want it. Plus you get 2x the wattage over the factory sub, with a comparable loss of hatch space. I've heard the factory sub too, and I think the basslink has a lot more punch. Not a bad deal IMO. I'm considering this one myself.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks everyone!! :D I appreciate the info and the pic of it in the tC. I think it sounds exactly like what I want. I have 2 12" subs and a kenwook excelon amp in my garage but I havent put it in the tC because I am not willing to lose my trunk space this time. So I'm use to lots of 'punch' but the basslink is much more reasonable for space and mobility. If i do need my whole trunk, it's fairly easy to remove for the time being. I may be installing a quick release setup also. Anyway, thanks again. I know exactly what i needed to know now and I have ordered one! Can't wait for it to arrive!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member

Try the basslink2> 10 sub but 250watts.Every review I've read about the basslink is always two thumbs up.A must have if space is a issue.