Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Interior Measurements

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Interior Measurements

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I searched but came up empty. I haven't been on here in forever, but I'm looking to buy some book shelves on craigslist and I need to know the interior measurements of the xB.

I'm at work and can't go out and measure. The only info I can find is that the cargo area is 43 cu. ft., which is great, but not so helpful when trying to figure out if the bookshelves will fit.

So basically, I'd like to know the interior measurement from the tailgate to the dash. If anyone has that info or knows where to find it online, I'd be super-grateful.

Thanks!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

OK, so to sorta answer my own question, I was able to fit two rather large bookcases in the xB. One was about 79" tall and 15" wide, and the other was the same height, but about twice as wide.

I pulled the front passenger seat all the way forward, laid its back down flat, and removed its headrest and the headrest from the seat behind it (which was down, of course). Both bookcases fit straight in, on their sides, though they did obstruct my view out the front passenger window, so merging into the right lane was pretty much impossible. But it worked.

[[obvious]]So, yeah, there's lots of room.[[/obvious]]