Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

LED Door Lock Caps installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nate2085
Yeh I'm getting that one but the bezel that goes around the base of the shift boot is what I'm curious about...

I can't wait to see what else these guys come out with
Old 01-30-2006, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Does anyone know which are brighter in that aspect? the clear acrylic with blue or the blue acrylic with super white?
The clear acrylic with colored LEd's are the brightest ones. if you're looking for something not soo bright, go with the colored acrylic with white LED's. Some people think the LED's are too bright. If you feel that way, go for colored acrylic.

Is there any way to get them to light up just when the locks pop up and down? What wire would that be if so?
I don't think so. The installation instructions give you direction on how to hook them up so that when your key is turned in the ignition, your lights will be on. However, if you're a little more advanced in your electronics, you can hook up a toggle switch to turn them on and off whenever you wish.

This is from Shawn of SuperFa in a similar post:
Originally Posted by superfa
Installing a switch is a snap...

First find a cool lighted switch. Find a nice place to put it. We normally put it in the center console for a central location.

Install the lock per the instructions supplied up to the point it tells you to tap your power wire.

Remove the front door sills and "B" pillar covers. They just pop off.

Get a spool of wire and fish one wire through the rubber boot in the front of the front drivers door. Window should be up to allow access to the boot. Use a butt connector or tape to join this wire to your lock hot wire. Route the wire on the outside of the door frame just under the clear plastic liner (you don't want the wire under the window...it may pull out. Don't ask how I know). Ground the lock to the same location as shown in the instructions. Button up the door, and cut the other end of the wire with enough slack to run under the dash to the console.

Move to the rear drivers door and do the same as above. once you have the wire fished through the boot, run the wire down the "B" pillar and along the front door sill to the wire you ran for the drivers door in the front drivers kick panel. Tap into the front door wire and move to the other side of the car.

Move to the other side of the car and do the same.

After you're done you'll have (2) hot wires at the front kick panels with enough slack to reach the console. Use a fuse tap and get your power from the fuse box under the front drivers side dash. Run all three wires to the center console (plenty of nooks and crannies to hide the wire under the dash).

Use a wire to ground for the switch on an E-Brake mounting bolt and plug in the switch. Click click...you're ready to go.

You can also use the same switch and power supply for our new matching shifter bezel set for manual and auto shifters (I'll have pictures up soon...they are amazing).

We're doing an install on one of our cars tommorrow, so I'll make sure and take pictures and post them here.

Good luck with the install, and if you have any problems feel free to call me at 352*223*6029. My name's Shawn, and I'm always happy to help.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frosty355
Is there any way to get them to light up just when the locks pop up and down? What wire would that be if so?
I don't think I would roll with them on all the time.
I'm sure that it can be done, just have to wire it to the switch of the power locks, & then it will pop or drop & light them up.

I have mine running on a seperate switch, I can turn them off when I'm driving, because I have the Clear with Blue & they are very very bright. But like Nate said, get the colored version with the White LEDs, or maybe SuperFa will do custom orders with colored & colored LEDs. That would cut the brightness down alot, esp. on red or orange.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member

Default My concern...

These are wicked....

My concern though would be whether or not they're legal... After all, unlike shift bezels and floor lighting they are clearly visible from the vehicle exterior and there are laws about what colors are legal to be that visible from the exterior... not to mention those laws vary from state to state LOL.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

If you get red or blue they'll get you for impersonating a cop.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxer_Rebellion
That lower shift bezel is SICK! will that be offered in plain red LEDs as well?

This is a picture of the red mounted on an auto shifter. This is a test piece and is not finalized yet...
Old 01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
I checked them out but they are kinda pricey. Maybe later after the price gets adjusted.
Prices were recently adjusted with the web site change over. Check it out...even at the original price there was alot of content for the money. Now it's even better.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Frosty355
I don't think I would roll with them on all the time.
I've had a couple fellas ask if they could be made to flash with the security system, and I'm sure they can...I just havn't had the time to check it out. If someone here would like to check it out and make a write-up on it I'd be happy to give them credit for future SuperFa products in exchange.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My concern...

Originally Posted by mhungry
These are wicked....

My concern though would be whether or not they're legal... After all, unlike shift bezels and floor lighting they are clearly visible from the vehicle exterior and there are laws about what colors are legal to be that visible from the exterior... not to mention those laws vary from state to state LOL.
Some places they are considered perfectly legal classified as interior lighting, some others they are not. I think it mostly depends of the individual law enforcement person you ask. My wife has had a blue set in her car for over a year and recently a flashing rainbow set for the last 3 months in her car with no problems. Because of the differing opinions and no sure definition in some places, we sell these as off-road use only products. Since selling a couple hundred sets I have not heard of anyone being pulled over for them.

You'd think with all the off-road use only products on my other car it'd be a truck, but it's just a very illegal Mustang.

Actually she had a police in Tampa stop her after a car show recently because she forgot to shut down her flashing underbody lights...he told her to shut them down then commented on how cool the locks were (my wife is very bold and did not shut them off...I woulda). I was behind her watching in my truck thinking she was gonna get a ticket, but she didn't.

One way to minimize the light is to lock the doors after you enter the car. I think the locks look better in the lowered position. Combine that with tinted windows and you have a very soft lighting effect from outside the car.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Do they come in red with clear leds? They would match my X-racers heater *****.
Old 01-31-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

red's our best color...

http://www.superfa.com/store/index.p...3&prevstart=12
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Superfa
red's our best color...

Yes, I saw those. They are clear with red led's. I meant red ***** with clear led's so you could see the red without them being lit up
Old 01-31-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I may be able to find the old test locks in that color, but they didn't look that good, so we passed on them
Old 01-31-2006, 12:51 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

red's our best color...

Yes, I saw those. They are clear with red led's. I meant red ***** with clear led's so you could see the red without them being lit up
do you mean Red colored plastics?? because all LEDs (that SuperFa uses) are clear, no matter the color of the light. you'll want to get the colored plastics to be able to see the Red without them being turned on & the (at night) you can turn them on & they'll light up Red too.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've had a couple fellas ask if they could be made to flash with the security system, and I'm sure they can...I just havn't had the time to check it out. If someone here would like to check it out and make a write-up on it I'd be happy to give them credit for future SuperFa products in exchange.
PM sent
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I got my green locks installed today it took me a little while to figure out what wires to steal from beacuse not all of them are blue with a white stripe...

here are some pics of them.