Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need help finding FCC ID / Keyless entry remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Default Need help finding FCC ID / Keyless entry remote

Hi All,

I recently purchased a used 2005 XB and the previous owner lost the remotes. I would like to purchase one on ebay and program it, however, I am being told that it is essential that I match the FCC ID from my car with the remote I want to purchase.

I have tried to search the forum to find out where I can locate this FCC ID. Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it, thanks!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:09 AM

Bump! I am in same situation.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sai_iii
Hi All,

I recently purchased a used 2005 XB and the previous owner lost the remotes. I would like to purchase one on ebay and program it, however, I am being told that it is essential that I match the FCC ID from my car with the remote I want to purchase.

I have tried to search the forum to find out where I can locate this FCC ID. Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it, thanks!
There are 2 ways to get it , 1) pull your glove box out and look on the control box. Hard unless you have your eyes on stalks or want to pull out alot of stuff.
2) Take your VIN number to a Scion dealership and have them look it up for you , it will be on the original build /ship slip for your car.

Hope this helps , Good luck
Old 04-03-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by frogbox
There are 2 ways to get it , 1) pull your glove box out and look on the control box. Hard unless you have your eyes on stalks or want to pull out alot of stuff.
2) Take your VIN number to a Scion dealership and have them look it up for you , it will be on the original build /ship slip for your car.

Hope this helps , Good luck
Thanks for the tips. Is there a how-to on how to remove the glove box?

I actually went to a dealership yesterday and I was told it was illegal for them to look up the FCC ID and give it to me... I don't know if that was BS or not...
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sai_iii
Thanks for the tips. Is there a how-to on how to remove the glove box?

I actually went to a dealership yesterday and I was told it was illegal for them to look up the FCC ID and give it to me... I don't know if that was BS or not...
To pull the glove box , open it up , squeeze the sides in ( if you get this far) you'll see it just takes a good pull to get it out. The control box your looking for is in the lower left of the opening.( it is wrapped up in foam tape)

And the dealer is kinda BSing you. If you prove to them that it is your box ( ID and registration/pink slip) they should give it to you. With the code you could , and I mean can , steal or break into the box by programming your keyfob to someone elses box.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:08 AM

Thanks for the help!

Since the dealer told me that the part # is the exact same for all remotes for the 1st Gen XB, I just went ahead and ordered one from ebay. I programmed it via some instructions provided on this forum and viola! It works!

Thanks again for your help Frogbox!

BoomBox, I would imagine you would have similar luck just doing what I did and just getting a remote on ebay.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:16 PM

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but my family has had the xB since 05.
i couldn't find the foam tape you were talking about. Do you have any pictures?