Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

!Need help with interior!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member

Default !Need help with interior!

hey, im attempting to install led strips in my grab bars in my Xa, and to hide all the wiring i have to take like my seat belt colom apart and my plastic that runs by my driver door and floor. anything explaining how to go about this would be very helpful. and i forgot to mention the switch to go to the leds would be mounted to left of my steering wheel next to the dash dimmer etc... thank you
Old 03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the door sills pop up and out, the seatbelt collums also just pop out, once you take that bolt out, but first, you have to get all the interior out of the hatch area, and take the plastic out of both sides of the hatch, they overlap the pillars with the belts. that means, you have to remove the rear seat, and rear seatbelts too.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member

Default Thanks

Thanks. You answered my question perfectly.... So pretty much don't bother with the DIY? haha If it was going to be relatively easy I was gunna do it myself but since it's more compliated I think I'm gunna relocate the LEDs or just have a proffesional do it.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its actually very easy, its just time consuming. you have to just start at the back, and go one piece at a time and work your way up to the pillars.. its a great time to dynamat, or e-dead as well. Good part is that you will learn a lot about your car, and will help you to identify those pesky squeeks here and there.. once the led's are in the handles, you can easily run the wires down the pillars, and under the door sills up to where you want to mount the switch..
once you get the cubbys and spare out of the hatch, you will see that its pretty easy to take everything apart, but plan to spend about 40 min by yourself doing it.. get someone to help you pull the back seat out, so you dont scratch anything, its heavier then you think, but like i said, not hard, just time consuming.
post pics when you are done!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member

I'll probly do it this weekend.. Tomorrow I get my new exaust so I'll be spending some time putting that in as well haha but yes I will most deffinatly post some pics when I'm done. Expect them by Tuesday the latest