Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer DVH-5000MP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Pioneer DVH-5000MP!

Hello,

I recently purchased this head unit and I was wondering how I can install and get around the hand brake sensor. The wiring harness has a wire coming out of it that it supposed to be connected to the hand brake so that you can't watch dvd, etc... while driving. How do I get around it? It has two video inputs, besides hooking it to the rear output is there another way? Help!

Thanks
Old 06-18-2004, 11:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

I've heard something about grounding the e-brake wire. WARNING: I'm not that sure about wiring, just rockin'. Congrats on the purchase of such a sweet deck. If you have any questions about it, there's plenty of us on here who have it.

Mike R.
rolex87
Old 06-19-2004, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have same, just ground the green wire
Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Pioneer DVH-5000MP!

Originally Posted by cander12
Hello,

I recently purchased this head unit and I was wondering how I can install and get around the hand brake sensor. The wiring harness has a wire coming out of it that it supposed to be connected to the hand brake so that you can't watch dvd, etc... while driving. How do I get around it? It has two video inputs, besides hooking it to the rear output is there another way? Help!

Thanks
Hello.
I let build the monitor in by a profesional car hifi shop. Becouse it is a diffiult job. They made a by-pass so that i can watch dvd while i am driving my Honda. Pioneer have a safety system that only as the car is parked you can watch dvd. I don't watch dvd when i drive. It's a luxury goal for my passengers on long trips.

The headunit i build in by myself. ether the amplifiers. The same setup like i seen in a Mustang Shelby supersnake. 250 limited production car.

The dvh-5000mp headunit i have now 2 and a half year in use. I am satisfied about it. It is the best headunit by far i purchased. i am on this forum to search for witch formats i can burn on a dvd to play on the headunit. Before i had a Rockford Fosgate. the quality is average. I gave it to a family member. I wanted DVD in the car. that's the reason of the choise for Pioneer. I could take an Alpine, but i got a reduce of the price becouse i am a returning client of the car hife shop.

Headunit and tft monitor for a louzy €1000. normal for other buyers €1690.
The costs of the build in tft monitor costs me €128,-- But i could build it in by myself becouse of the complex wires.