Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

post your hid pix

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by GotBoxRevised
I went to the dealership to get a routine oil change and asked him how the original bulbs come out, so that I could swap 100/130W bulbs in and the gentleman warned me not to do this. He said he has seen a bunch of cars come in with fried wires because all of the extra wattage so I'de watch what you're doing with that.
Yeah that's because some of the replacement super white bulbs are high wattage and can overheat and damage your existing harness and all. You can get a replacement heavy duty set that can handle that kind of wattage from various places online; however, HID's, like we are all talking about, only use about 35W of power. So unless you get a crappy quality HID kit it shouldn't have any effect whatsoever on your stock harness.

Thanks again, joey.

Edit: Oh and supposedly the stock harness can handle up to about an 80W aftermarket bulb...anything over that will cause problems. So if you get the 80/100W you should be ok as long as you don't use your high beams for too long.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the ones in running are 90w/100watt.....wires are fine.....they dont even get warm....
higher wattage is better....
Old 03-17-2004, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

higher wattage = MORE STRAIN ON YOUR WIRES.

over time your wires will mess up. theres a reason why when you purchase bulbs of any size, shape and filament, they always have a specific WATTAGE.
its how hot the bulb burns.. or how powerful it is(if u must).

but don't you think manufactorers can put brighter bulbs in as an option and make a killing on it? or just straight up add higher wattage bulbs and call them BRIGHTER or whatever..

honestly, brighter bulbs are awesome, but jepardizing your wires isn't. and they make bulbs higher wattage because the damn blue tint makes the beam weak sauce.
thats why u need higher wattage and your bulbs usually shine the same if not worse than stock when you get regular old NOKYA's or HYPERINDUSTRIES.

i recommend silverstars or coolblues if you wanna run a halogen bulb with greater lighting and peace of mind. honestly those two companies have awesome quality control.
Old 03-20-2004, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, hahajoey, any word on the contact info?
Old 03-20-2004, 09:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

yes actually i took a fellow xB owner who emailed me up to him. he put in the kit in less than a hour and was done!

the xB owner loved it and i spoke to kansai's owner and he said that his webpage is still in the works. so for right now he doesn't have one. if you want a kit. i can go up there buy it off him and ship it to you. or ask him to ship it.

just let me know.