Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Power wire junction block for interior lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Power wire junction block for interior lighting?

Hello, I've been trying and trying to find something but have come up empty handed so far. I'm looking to do extensive interior lighting (door handles, grab handles, footwell, cup holder, amp rack, etc) in cold cathode and LED. Each of these light sources needs a power wire and they will be all tied to the same switch. Does anyone make an insulated screw terminal junction block for automotive wire 16-20 AWG? I already have footwell and grab handle lighting, but it is a pain to re-splice into the power source each and every time I want to add a new light. I work in aircraft wiring for the Navy, and we have a whole series of parts specifically for power junction blocks. All you do is crimp a pin on the end of the wire and insert it in the block. However, I do not want to pay military pricing for my automotive power needs, much less find a distributer that will do onsie twosies.

What are other people doing, hopefully something more graceful than a big solder ball with electrical tape or wire nuts.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think these fuse blocks might be what you want, i bought from them and had good service:

http://www.wiringproducts.com/index1.html

chris

cdidit.com
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill have to get a pic of what i did.
i was having the same issue.
its basically a bolt with a 4 gage ring terminal with, 10 14 gage ring termials and lock washer and a nut.

ive got a fuse block up by the battery, then 4 gage threw the fire wall the the home made D block.
i realy liked this idea because i was able to run alot of power wires off of it with out having to go threw the fire wall again or do any more fuses. also, i can add to it or if i decide to change anything i just remove one of the old ring terminals and add a few new ones or bigger ones.
i gives me full freedom.
the dest part was it was cheep and easy to do