Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion cd changer in 2004 Sequoia (help)

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member

Default Scion cd changer in 2004 Sequoia (help)

:?: I am trying to replace my standard SR5 cd player (non JBL) in my 2004 sequoia with the scion 6 cd changer. The changer will fit into the dash without any problems, but the harness is where I have some questions. On the sequoia cd player there are 3 connections out of 4 occupied when I pulled the radio out. The Scion player has the same connections on the back of the radio, but the scion harness only had two connections, if I remember correctly. I will paste some pics to this message to make it easier to see what I am talking about. What do I need to change from the 3 connections in my sequoia to make it work on the scion cd changer. If I connect it with my sequoia harness without making any changes I can run the radio just fine, but the cd player doesn't work. Any suggestions or any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

View pictures: http://www.scionreview.com/modules.p...bnails&album=9
Old 04-06-2004, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion cd changer in 2004 Sequoia (help)

Originally Posted by chasfolly
:?: I am trying to replace my standard SR5 cd player (non JBL) in my 2004 sequoia with the scion 6 cd changer. The changer will fit into the dash without any problems, but the harness is where I have some questions. On the sequoia cd player there are 3 connections out of 4 occupied when I pulled the radio out. The Scion player has the same connections on the back of the radio, but the scion harness only had two connections, if I remember correctly. I will paste some pics to this message to make it easier to see what I am talking about. What do I need to change from the 3 connections in my sequoia to make it work on the scion cd changer. If I connect it with my sequoia harness without making any changes I can run the radio just fine, but the cd player doesn't work. Any suggestions or any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
suggestion:

get a stock wiring harness for the scion cd player, next get an aftermarket wiring harness for the sequia that snaps to your stock sequia harness..now try and connect the scion stock wires to the aftermarket harness wires and the other end should just snap into your stock sequia one.

hope this helps

PEACE
Old 04-06-2004, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics will help a lot for the audio experts out there.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The best do-it-yourself suggestion I have is to pay the $10 for a one-day pass to Toyota's tech info Web site:

http://techinfo.toyota.com/

Then download the wiring diagram for your Sequoia and use that to figure out what the third connector is for.

Of the two connectors on the Scion, one handles power inputs and outputs and the other is for front and rear speakers, so I can only guess that the third one on the Sequoia is for some other audio accessory control (changer?) or to handle extra speakers.