Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

speakers-what next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default speakers-what next?

ok, this is what i'm doing tomoro-installing kicker components in the front, changing out the bazooka sub in the oem enclosure to a kicker 10", all powered by a 4 channel kenwood amp. what should i get for the rear speakers? what is a coaxial exactly? i have a set of memphis highs out of the prcs components, but would i want to put those in the back? thanx so much
Old 06-30-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in my opinion u should get a kicker s5 12" or s7 12" rather than the ten its a huge diffrence, yeah its expensive i know but u can actualy get the 300$ sub on ebey for 100$
Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i need it to fit into the oem bazooka enclosure that goes on the right side of the trunk.

i need the trunk space, so i'm taking out the bazooka sub and putting in the kicker 10". i wish i could fit a 12" in there, but i'll be satisfied with the 10 becuase it'll def sound much better than the bazooka woofer that's in there already. i heard 2 of the kicker 10's that i'm getting in my friends car and they sounded pretty good-much better than the bazooka.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

right on
Old 07-06-2005, 11:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a coaxial is similar to a component in that it has a mid and a tweeter....but coaxials are one piece where components are seperated....also, components tend to have better crossovers.....
Old 07-06-2005, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yello, you've gone about it completely backward in my opinion.
1st - deck
2nd - sub
3rd - speakers

the stock TC deck sucks @ss. when i put in my Eclipse deck, i found that the speakers were actually pretty good. in my last car i had 5x7 Eclipse Point Source Intergrated Components. i was planning on installing Eclipse Components in the TC, but now i don't think it's even necessary. i'll probably do it when i run out of other things to buy for the car.