Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

STOCK HU - 6 DISC - IPOD INSTALL - KICKER SETUP **LRG POST**

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 01:29 AM
5 Year Member

Default STOCK HU - 6 DISC - IPOD INSTALL - KICKER SETUP **LRG POST**

The goal here was to keep the stock head unit, almost to any extent! Luckily, I found the neo ipod adapter. I guess it does work with even the stock Pioneer 6disc head unit. Also when installing the amp and sub, I wanted to keep it small, but overly sufficient. The amp is installed under the passanger seat; the sub located in the rear hatch (small enough for the passenger rear seat to recline)

- KICKER KX400.1
- KICKER SOLO-BARIC L5
- Gen3 Ipod
- Neo Ipod car adapter
- RAZO Acces.

**Center coin caprtment used to conceal the remote bass level remote***
Old 05-20-2005, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i like the hat!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok screw the hat, how did the adapter work/install, does the track name and all appear on the radio (prolly not) how is it connected into the stereo (in the back??)

by the way nice install, and very very clean, good find,, please get back on this adapter and explain everything, i've been lookin for a solution for months now and can't find crap and am utterly suprised to see that this worked!!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you got the i-pod charging dock? to use with the fm broadcast or did you somehow hard wire it to play directly from the radio?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member

The ipod is connected via "NEO Ion adapter", and toyota harness included in kit. and plugs into a factory port in the rear of stock HU. The Neo also charges the ipod. Installation was simple, toke about 20 mins. No hard wiring, no mods at all!

I then ran the ipod line to the center console, thru the E-brake opening.
I then purchased the belkin cup holder cradle, just to have a place to rest the ipod.

Old 05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u have the same phone as me! but i have the copper color. in other words= mines cooler lol...
Old 05-20-2005, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like it except the mounting of the amp......IMO, under the seat is the worst place to put an amp....makes it look like you ran out of creativity......

props on the rest of the setup, and I wish my car was that clean inside.....
Old 05-20-2005, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does this work with the regular HU (not the 6-disc changer)? If it does, this might be my choice right here. Can't beat the fact that it charges the iPod, too.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oooh, that NEO looks pretty cool!

My GF would love it if she could port her IPOD in my box!

Got a link as to where we can pick up a Neo?
Old 05-20-2005, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just looked up the price (check it out at www.carplayer.com) and it's $190!!! That ish is TOO EXPENSIVE! I just bought the TOY03-AUX instead. It's only $70 and I can figure out another way of charging the b*&^h
Old 05-20-2005, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY
i like it except the mounting of the amp......IMO, under the seat is the worst place to put an amp....makes it look like you ran out of creativity......

Well, the car isn't meant for a Car-show! I wanted it mounted out of view. If there was a way to completely hide that driver in the hatch, I would do it! So my goal was more for discreatness rather then creativity. But yea, you are right, not much creativity involved =)
Old 05-20-2005, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Boricua
Does this work with the regular HU (not the 6-disc changer)? If it does, this might be my choice right here. Can't beat the fact that it charges the iPod, too.
Yes, works with Stock HU non-6disc player. Check it out www.mp3mycar.com !!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by awesom-o

Well, the car isn't meant for a Car-show! I wanted it mounted out of view. If there was a way to completely hide that driver in the hatch, I would do it! So my goal was more for discreatness rather then creativity. But yea, you are right, not much creativity involved =)
just a suggestion, you could mount the amp under the spare tire cover and install some computer fans for venting.....complete stealth....
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by awesom-o

just a suggestion, you could mount the amp under the spare tire cover and install some computer fans for venting.....complete stealth....
I thought about that too, but then I would have to mod some of the material in the spare tire area. The main reason i'm keeping things simple, is for when I re-sell the car. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member

I just looked up the price (check it out at www.carplayer.com) and it's $190!!! That ish is TOO EXPENSIVE! I just bought the TOY03-AUX instead. It's only $70 and I can figure out another way of charging the b*&^h
I got a similar one to the TOY03-AUX (the DF-TOY by USAspec), and I charge mine using a Belkin auto-kit because it has a 3.5mm takeoff. Check out my install here :

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...391&highlight=
Old 05-20-2005, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2wright
I got a similar one to the TOY03-AUX (the DF-TOY by USAspec), and I charge mine using a Belkin auto-kit because it has a 3.5mm takeoff. Check out my install here :

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...391&highlight=
That looks tight and is exactly what I was planning on doing. Just throwing the cable into the armrest and leaving my iPod there. I see you ran it out and through the e-brake thingy. I don't wanna do that, I'd rather leave the iPod in the armrest. That way it's out of the way and the HU still controls the tracks (next/prev and ff/rew).
Old 05-20-2005, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member

No it doesn't, the TOY03-AUX doesn't control the iPod at all, it's purely a line-in source and comes off the iPods 3.5mm output, not the dock connector.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2wright
No it doesn't, the TOY03-AUX doesn't control the iPod at all, it's purely a line-in source and comes off the iPods 3.5mm output, not the dock connector.
I've read contradicting info here on this forum. Some people claim it doesn't allow you to do it while others (all owners of the piece) have claimed it does.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member

It doesn't, trust me. If it did, why would people pay $200+ for the Neo, ipod2car etc to do the same thing? The TOY03 takes RCA inputs, there is no way they can be used to control your iPod.

Here is the installation diagram for the TOY03. Notice it has 2 RCA inputs, that's it.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/toy03auxdia.html
Old 05-20-2005, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member

NEO ADAPTER allows you to control the ipod, via Stock HU!

Quick Reply: STOCK HU - 6 DISC - IPOD INSTALL - KICKER SETUP **LRG POST**