Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stock Stereo Keeps Going Out

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member

Default Stock Stereo Keeps Going Out

I'm assuming it's either a lose wire or it's grounding. I was just going to pull the stereo out and check the wiring. Even when I hit the power button it still persists to crackle. I do have some EL wire around the bottom of my dash but wether it's on or off it still does it.
Also when I take left corners hard it fixes the problem and then rights make it worse.
Then if it continues I'm going to Bring it back to the dealer.
Has anybody else had this problem?
Old 01-11-2005, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default reply

You know I've had the same problem but only when I play the stereo loud. I hooked up my 2 Cerwin Vega 10's with a 1000 watt amp. I tapped into the back panel speakers to a Ohm to RCA converter then to my amp. When i hit a certain frequency it has a habbit of turning off with no option of turning on. I have to turn the car off then restart it to make it work. I figured it was a anti speaker damage feature. But I don't get it all the time. So ya I have that same issue. When I'm driving on the freeway I gotta put it in Neutral turn the ingnition off the turn the car on, then put it back into drive. that my freeway option. LOL let me know if your dealer finds a solution for that problem. I'll prebably try and fix it too!

Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 AM
5 Year Member

Haha yea and I also tapped into my back left speaker.
And I also put my car in nuetral and turned it back on.
But the stereo will stay on and persist to crackle . I should probably bite the bullet and get one of those harnesses off of ebay.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: reply

Originally Posted by caliman
You know I've had the same problem but only when I play the stereo loud. I hooked up my 2 Cerwin Vega 10's with a 1000 watt amp. I tapped into the back panel speakers to a Ohm to RCA converter then to my amp. When i hit a certain frequency it has a habbit of turning off with no option of turning on. I have to turn the car off then restart it to make it work. I figured it was a anti speaker damage feature. But I don't get it all the time. So ya I have that same issue. When I'm driving on the freeway I gotta put it in Neutral turn the ingnition off the turn the car on, then put it back into drive. that my freeway option. LOL let me know if your dealer finds a solution for that problem. I'll prebably try and fix it too!

Yeah I have the same problem, worried the hell out of me the first time it happened, but I'm about to switch out my stock unit anyways, but the problem is annoying as hell and I don't want to turn my car off when i'm going 60+ and not have power steering or brakes, even if it's momentary because you never know when you're going to have to do some evasive maneuvers, esp. in Atlanta, ppl drive crazy here