Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

superfa led door locks and extra led in door ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default superfa led door locks and extra led in door ?

So, I just ordered some cold cathodes for my box and some extra led's in a different color for the door pull slots for each door, and I think I am gonna get those led door locks also; but can I tap into the same blue/white wire (per superfa's instructions on their site) that the door lock hooks to to power the extra led in each door ? I know that led lights draw very little current , but I don't wanna spend the whole day running a wire from each door to a switch in the console if I don't have to. (?) Do I have to? will two led lights in each door running off factory wiring cause a problem? I think the cold cathodes will be plenty of light, but I will be able to cut them on and off with a switch, If I tap into that wire in the door, those led's will burn any time the ignition is in the on position, and that is cool with me, so long as it doesn't hurt my electrical system. thanks for helping me out.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

put the switch in the door
less wire(length)
same plan for door lock leds
Old 03-13-2006, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really don't wanna install a switch in each door, and besides if I did that are you saying to tap into the factory wiring or string up new wiring from the battery. The superfa site says to install the door lock led into the factory wiring, and I am sure they would not instruct some one to hook up their product that way if would cause harm to the factory harness. so, will a second led wired the same way cause a problem?
Old 03-13-2006, 05:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Should not be a problem...it is a supply line to the power window interupt system. i have all kinds of stuff plugged into this same line on our Superfa car.

Just make sure to get the correct resistor for the LED. If not it will burn the LED as soon as you power it. PM me if you need resistor values or color codes.

Shawn White