Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

System weight?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member

Default System weight?

Hey. I am turning my scion into a showcar and I am going to be making a very intricate and complex fiberglass sub box (similar to the Pioneer scion's system, only with JL w7's instead). The thing I was wondering is how much will it affect the performance? I mean, my last project car's system weighed a good 200 pounds, and this one could weigh even more. Is it gonna drag my XB down a lot? I have heard that going up hills with 4 passengers (never tried it) slows the car way down. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Hell ya it will. I used to laugh goin uphill with 4 passengers cuz it definately hurts performance but this was a steep hill. but a system is nowhere near the weight of 4 passengers, well not like mine anyway. We had a post a long time ago about the weights we put in a scion from passengers and I believe the average was around 800.
I built a showcar system for the xB and it's only been in my car for less than two weeks, until someone buys it starting today :D . I had no intention of keeping it cuz I don't do shows but everyone always says it's the ultimate showcar system. I've got the whole package waiting to be bought and installed in a day. Fiberglass trunk wid 3 infinity 10s, infinity perfect components all around, amp rack with 1200/600 amps and blue neon lighting, 15.2 widescreen flip down monitor, 7"motorized monitor wid brain, seperate cd/dvd/mp3, and tv tuner. Complete and VERY nicely priced. Nowhere near what you would pay at a shop. Everything is brand new except indash monitor which is about 4 months and works fine. I'll post pics once I get a chord for this cheap ___ camera.