Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Toyota CD Deck Eject=no, Expert Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Toyota CD Deck Eject=no, Expert Help?

I took delivery of my 2005 TCM AT xB on 6/5/04. It has the newer stock 2005 Pioneer single CD player in it. I'm reasonable satisfied with this HU.

My wife's 1996 Camry LE Toyota CD Deck model 34210 has stopped reliably ejecting CDs. I found the following Tech Note at http://www.carstereohelp.com/toyota.htm

Originally Posted by CarStereoHelp
Toyota / Fujitsu Ten / Single CD (Model #'s from face - 34210, 34212)

Unit will not accept a disc, or will not eject. This unit has an Eject Override feature. Lightly press and hold the eject button for 5 seconds. If this does not reset the unit, send for repair, $150-175.
This advice works sometimes but the Deck is definitely broken and needs replacement or repair.

The stock Toyota HU has a Tape Cassette Player in it which my wife uses. The 34210 CD Deck sits below the HU and connects using a Toyota interface cable. She wants to keep both Cassette and CD playing ability and to find an inexpensive way to repair or replace the CD Player.

QUESTIONS:

* Should I try to repair the Deck or replace the CD Deck with a used one (if available)?

* Is there an easy and inexpensive alternative to replace the Deck with an aftermarket unit?

* What other ideas do you car audio experts have?

I know ScionLife is not the best place for this post, but I'm hoping my Scion Family can help here. Thanks very much. :D
Old 06-13-2004, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Repair it if you really wanna keep the tape player, but I strongly suggest spending about $100 on an aftermarket deck with just CD, and ditching the tape player. Give it a month, you won't miss it. Or even better spend a bit more and get a high quality deck if you intend to keep the car for long. If you are handy with wire crimping, installing a stereo yourself is super easy and would save you $50 or so, but most big places offer free install nowadays.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned
SL Member

www.camryman.org
or
www.toyotanation.com and check out the forum section

also check out crutchfield.com and see what aftermarket HU will work for the Camry.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
... I strongly suggest spending about $100 on an aftermarket deck with just CD ...
Originally Posted by fr130
www.camryman.org or www.toyotanation.com and check out the forum section also check out crutchfield.com and see what aftermarket HU will work for the Camry.
Thanks for both above comments. I'm looking for the right $100+ aftermarket HU. I want MP3/CD-R/AuxInput. These features seem hard to find at 100 bucks.

Any Comments? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RPMxB
I'm looking for the right $100+ aftermarket HU. I want MP3/CD-R/AuxInput. These features seem hard to find at 100 bucks.
I found it.

This week at Best Buy they have the Aiwa CDC-X504MP for only $120!

The build quality of the detachable face looks and is kinda junky. However the features are great for the price. I can't recommend it for a Scion or other new vehicle; but it's a great cheap HU for an older car.

- plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs
- plays MP3 files on disc
- 3-band equalizer and 7 preset tone curves
- H-Bass
- MOSFET internal amp
- front auxiliary input
- rear preamp outputs
- clock
- wireless remote
- 23.2 watts RMS/52 peak x 4 channels
- CD frequency response 10-20,000 Hz
- CD signal-to-noise ratio 120 dB