Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Turn signal L.E.D.'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Default Turn signal L.E.D.'s

Anyone have the diagram to wire these with the load equalizers or at least explain it?
TIA
Old 05-27-2006, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

no one?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

I'll help you out. Where are you putting the LED's? are you replacing some bulbs, or are you installing a new set?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

replacing the turn signal with the 21 led replacement bulb. MY question is the best wway to tap in the load equalizer..
tks
Old 05-29-2006, 06:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

wire up the load equalizer in line with the positive wire for the turn signal. Cut the wire, connect on end of the equalizer to the car end, and connect the other end of the equalizer wire to the bulb end.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

yellow is positive?
Old 05-30-2006, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I assume the load equalizer is the resistor to make the lights flash at the normal rate?

If so, I got a new flasher unit from superbrightleds.com for $13. I was scared of the resistor heating up and doing nasty things, and I figured this was less permanent as well. Works like a champ.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tarman
I assume the load equalizer is the resistor to make the lights flash at the normal rate?

If so, I got a new flasher unit from superbrightleds.com for $13. I was scared of the resistor heating up and doing nasty things, and I figured this was less permanent as well. Works like a champ.
which relay/flasher did u get from them? and are you running LED bulbs in the front and rear (reverse)? any pics?
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would be interested to know which relay you used as well. I have the resistors, and they get warm. A relay would be great instead.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...9.2097&next=50

You want relay CF18-08, which works for all newer model Toyotas. Replaces the relay in the fuse panel behind the dash. Easy to find, it's the only one that's shaped the same as the new one.

I'm running all LEDs except for my head/fog lights. I have to say they are so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye! Don't forget the license plate lights as well. I'll try to get pictures, but it's been raining cats and dogs here in Boston and I don't like getting wet so if it stops.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, I braved the rain and got some crappy pics. Sorry about the quality!

Front view off:

Front view on (kinda blurry):

Side 3/4 view off:

Rear view on:

Hopefully that works. The lights are brighter than my camera makes them out to be.

KJ
Old 06-08-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

which bulbs did u end up getting (how many LED) and wide or narrow? thanks for the help! i was debating to get these or not and it looks like i am
Old 06-08-2006, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, I think they just added that relay, it wasnt available before. I bought the narrow viewing angle, but wish I had gone for the wide. Even though the actual led is bright, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of light reflecting off the chrome reflector area, and I'm always worried drivers can't see it. The wide leds should help visiblity to other drivers.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For all the lights, I got what looked like the widest viewing angle in a size close to stock. I believe for the turns and reverse I got the 19 LED ones, as someone on this board had said they got huge ones that didn't fit. They have some facing forward and five or six facing out to the side.

Believe me though, the LEDs put out plenty of light to the sides by the side aimed LEDs and reflections. I've had no problems with people not seeing my signal from the sides. My pictures are pretty crappy!

KJ
Old 06-08-2006, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks great! maybe post up some night pics when the weather clears up! i'm thinking to get the 24LED one (18 face and 6 around)
Old 11-18-2006, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry to revive this but I just tried putting LED's in the front/rear blinkers and taillights of my XB. Everything seemed to work fine (Hyper flashing blinkers aside) until I turned on my headlights and the 2 taillight fuses under the dash blew out.

So far I've killed 6 10amp fuses trying to get the LED's to work. I don't mind the hyper flashing but how do I get the taillights to work and not blow the fuses?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The load equlizer is easy to wire up, splice one wire to the positive and one to the negative.
There are also relays you can purchase that have resitors in them made just for LED blinker problems.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by tarman
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=3400369.2097&next=50

You want relay CF18-08, which works for all newer model Toyotas. Replaces the relay in the fuse panel behind the dash. Easy to find, it's the only one that's shaped the same as the new one.

I'm running all LEDs except for my head/fog lights. I have to say they are so beautiful it brings a tear to my eye! Don't forget the license plate lights as well. I'll try to get pictures, but it's been raining cats and dogs here in Boston and I don't like getting wet so if it stops.
Can anyone verify this part works? I remember reading a thread somewhere saying none of their relays work for the xB.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:58 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^^ i have confirmation on pinout of the part... it will work for the xB
Old 11-27-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Got it, and it is acting really weird upon first 2 minutes of use. First off I have LED front turn sigs and side markers (however if I remember right the side markers didnt speed up the flashing) Well I put this relay in and used the left turn signal, it made the clicking sound about 10 times before the lights actually starting flashing at regular speed. Tried the right and they dont flash at all (front or rear or sides), even after leaving it on for about a minute. Also, the turn signals no longer flash when locking/unlocking (front or rear). So I guess I will leave it on for a while longer but I can't have my right blinkers not working at all...

Quick Reply: Turn signal L.E.D.'s