Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

TVIP RS3200 installation tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Default TVIP RS3200 installation tips

In the middle of installing the factory/OEM Toyota Vehicle Intrusion Prevention (or Protection)...TVIP RS3200-Plus for my 2005 xB. Some tips for newbs like me who don't usually do this sort of thing:

The unused 1P connector that's taped on the vehicle harness is WAAY up there...basically under the front left speaker. You will have to put your head next to the brake pedal to see it.

When removing the GREEN/WHITE wire from the 13P connector on the steering column, the instructions say to use a jeweler's screwdriver to pry the clip on the connector, and then a "wiring terminal tool" to get the pin free. What's mentioned in other TVIP instruction manuals (but not this one) is that you can also use a "pick tool". Jam a toothpick or paperclip or something (I used a thin/small punch) down the end of the connector (non-wire side) between the pin and the plastic and the wire will pop right out.

Routing the V5 harness between the vehicle harness and the big white AC unit in the center console is a pain. Basically you have to get each of the remaining connectors through there individually. It'd be nice to just thread one through and then pull, but it's a very narrow gap between the two. One at a time, nice and easy, and watch out for the two wires that split off from the vehicle harness right there towards the end. Route the V5 harness through ABOVE that point, where they're all still bundled together.
[/b]