Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Want custom dials for your xB? READ HERE! GB!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Want custom dials for your xB? READ HERE! GB!

Hey all! I am wondering if anybody would be interested in getting in on a Group Buy to get your own custom dials made for your xB (any model scion can do it, but I am holding this one for xBs). There’s an Internet based website called Speedhut.com who does such things. They give you the options of indiglo, reverse indiglo, your own custom text, your own custom graphics, selection of fonts, and dial colors. They also have a selection of logos and graphics already on their site you can chose to have put on. Once we get a pre-order going, Speedhut will put a generic template of our dials under their model development program part of their site and you can actually design your dial on the site and see what it looks like in different color indiglo or reverse indiglo during day and night and also see the different fonts, texts, logos and what not too on your dial. I had these made for my ’03 zx2 that is for sale (I want a xB) and am very satisfied with the high quality of the product. To be able to get these started in production, we have to get 25 pre-orders on dials and then these will be here for good.

Here are a couple of pics I took from Speedhut’s website of customers’ dials:

A mustang’s custom Spiderman dials-

2000 Celica with reverse indiglo and custom graphics-

Same Celica at night-

Another Celica with regular indiglo-

A Monte Carlo at night with red indiglo and custom text and custom graphic-

A Malibu

As you can see, these are awesome! Each set of dials also comes with a standard 2-color inverter that controls the brightness of the gauge lighting. There’s also an upgraded 2-color inverter that you could get for a little extra cost.

Here’s the email sent to me by Speedhut explaining how to get this rolling:
The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't use a personal vehicle's cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition. HOWEVER it DOES need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover etc).
Please send the Cluster via Ground (inexpensive) Mail (or another inexpensive method). Please make sure it is INSURED for your protection! *Remember to add your contact information in the package.
Once the cluster has been received the Pre Order will be added to our Model Development Program with the sender listed as the Group Leader. The Group Leader's email will be listed on the site for questions. We will be in contact with the Group Leader throughout the process.
Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling. The Group leader will get their EL-Glo Dial kit for FREE (+ S&H). We offer incentive discounts for the entire Group. *Free Text, Free Standard Graphics, Free Standard Logo's.
*We can add the Km/h version at No additional cost!
The price for our Custom Gauge Kit's are generally around $99.95 + $8.00 US S&H per Pre Order. The price for our Custom HVAC Kit's are $35.95 + $8.00 US S&H.

If anybody is interested, please go to www.speedhut.com and take a look around their site and get a feel for these.
Any questions, my email is Laketownbrat@aol.com or you can email Speedhut at sales@speedhut.com

(They also have custom 2 1/6” gauges coming out soon and custom 4” tachs in production ready to order! You can have all the gauges and dials in your car matching -custom made by you! They also can do indiglo and reverse indiglo HVAC panels and carbon fiber, aluminum, or chrome bezels)

CHECK THEM OUT!
Old 08-13-2004, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I THINK this is the same company I used to make some one-offs silk screened gauges for a '95 MR2-t I had. Been a few years now, so a little foggy. But I'm almost sure it is.

The gauges were good qaulity and didn't have that "we made these while were drinking and in a hurry" look. If want some one-of-a-kind gauges, it's a good place to go.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by windowtint
I THINK this is the same company I used to make some one-offs silk screened gauges for a '95 MR2-t I had. Been a few years now, so a little foggy. But I'm almost sure it is.

The gauges were good qaulity and didn't have that "we made these while were drinking and in a hurry" look. If want some one-of-a-kind gauges, it's a good place to go.
Curious but how are those made. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to mod our existing dials. hmmmm
Old 08-15-2004, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default ?

Any takers? I have 3 out of the 25 peeps needed to get the tooling of these started...
Old 09-03-2004, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Old 09-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

how much r we talkin bout? 100? 200? 300? Dollars i mean
Old 09-03-2004, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't use a personal vehicle's cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition. HOWEVER it DOES need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover etc).
I heard that a new cluster is like $1,000.00
Are there any Scions at the junkyards yet?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'll worry about getting the cluster if we can get the 25 people needed to begin tooling. The prices of the gauges are about $100 in the Group Buy, cuz Speedhut is willing to give us a lot of the things free (like logos and text and whatnot) or else they start out a lot more then that. So, any interested parties?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...light=kinko%2A
Old 09-04-2004, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by superjeer
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16437&highlight=kinko%2A
That's a good idea, too.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can see a subtle design looking nice but like most car "decoration" it can get real cheesy real fast.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

group buys are for sponsors only. the company can pay a fee to have a group buy, but it doesn't look like many people are interested