Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

E-bay coilovers- any good?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heres a secret.. dont use this kit.. the ride is horrible + even with the shorter springs in the front my 1.7" tein springs sat lower with a better ride

save up and get 2" springs or real coilovers from tanabe or tein
Old 09-30-2004, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i unno i just really hate my self for doin it and i mean ____ i just put myself 110 in debt for somethin that doesnt work so now i gotta make it work and since the back is lowered the ride seems pretty good. and if they didnt fit then how do you know that it only drops 1.7?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats a horrible set of coilovers. There sleeve not even the full coilover system. Your totally getting what u paid for. I had $350 plus Ground Control with Eibach springs and it still wasn't great and you need t get the car corner weighted to take advantage of the handling not to mention your alignments are gonna be total ____.

In this case do not be cheap. Either save up and buy a real coilover system or just get some regular springs and new struts.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

alignments are no prob bob. the scion is grizeat when it comes to that .
Old 10-01-2004, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

ok is there anyone out there that has suggestions so as that i dont have to go another 200 plus into debt by help me use these darned springs? please. any ideas .read the prob and help please!!!!
Old 10-03-2004, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

bump...
Old 10-04-2004, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sell them to someone else and buy some normal drop springs
Old 10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

no one will buy em pluss the drop springs arent adj. thats the whole reason in my buying this set . a cheap adjustable set. i unno if munch ever responded then i'd buy his tanabe's . i'm thinkin of trying to remove the cap on the strut , install the coilover and then reinstal the strut cap. it looks like munch may have done that from his pics there are scratches just below the cap so.... maybe? i'm gonna mess with my struts tomorrow
Old 10-04-2004, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
no one will buy em pluss the drop springs arent adj. thats the whole reason in my buying this set . a cheap adjustable set. i unno if munch ever responded then i'd buy his tanabe's . i'm thinkin of trying to remove the cap on the strut , install the coilover and then reinstal the strut cap. it looks like munch may have done that from his pics there are scratches just below the cap so.... maybe? i'm gonna mess with my struts tomorrow
That's what I did bro. The caps that are on the struts do not hold the guts in the struts. The guts are held in by the metal that is bent from the strut housing itself. Just use a screwdriver and a small hammer and tap the strut caps off. Install the sleeve and hammer the cap back on. I knew you would figure it out. Once you install them you'l be happy with the set, I know I am . I had to make you sweat it out just a bit :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 10-04-2004, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
Here you go and the caps were never touched

wow so much for that huh
Old 10-04-2004, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by NJthunder5spd
Originally Posted by Munch
Here you go and the caps were never touched

wow so much for that huh
You were talking about grinding them down. I never said I didn't take them off. You did so many installs and you didn't know this Shame on you
Old 10-04-2004, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well your obviously the only that would try to disassemble parts of a strut to install a sleeve kit. i think safety first is the main idea. what if that cap was loaded and you removed it? someone could have gotten hurt. i wasnt gonna take that chance for this cheap ___ kit. and yeah ive done plenty of installs but have never encountered a kit where u had to bang, cut, pry, or hammer anything off a strut to make a kit work.

so u got lucky.. wow im proud of u

as for not touching them... id suppose prying them off with a screwdriver and hitting them back on with a hammer has nothing to do with touching

hats off to you

and for making us sweat... .. did u have to find out how ur installer put them in. is that y it took so long really?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well your obviously the only that would try to disassemble parts of a strut to install a sleeve kit. i think safety first is the main idea. what if that cap was loaded and you removed it? someone could have gotten hurt. i wasnt gonna take that chance for this cheap ___ kit. and yeah ive done plenty of installs but have never encountered a kit where u had to bang, cut, pry, or hammer anything off a strut to make a kit work.

so u got lucky.. wow im proud of u

as for not touching them... id suppose prying them off with a screwdriver and hitting them back on with a hammer has nothing to do with touching

hats off to you

and for making us sweat... .. did u have to find out how ur installer put them in. is that y it took so long really?
Never that bro. I do all my work my self. I don't have to relay on half a$$ed installers as yourself to do things to my cars . I've done a few installs for people who have Scions in my area. I know my $hit do you :?: :?: . I guess not.If you look at the caps on the struts , you would have known that they are removable . This is not the only car that has removable caps, but I forgot you're supposed to know that. I'm done here you're not worth my time
Old 10-04-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wasnt gonna take that chance for this cheap ___ kit. but have never encountered a kit where u had to bang, cut, pry, or hammer anything off a strut to make a kit work.
Next time spend the money for a real kit and stop being so damn cheap Now I'm done.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cheap?? coming from the guy using the same kit.. lol

im laughing myself all the way to the bank with all the knowledge i have of cars and installs ive done. ive made most my money fixing crappy installs by you and ur so called half a$$ed installers. aka capt knowitalls. a local guy that talks how he knows so much has a nickname "bullsh1t brandon". he's my biggest source of income when all his jobs come my way to be repaired.

you name it i can do it and have probably done it.. as the wise words of prank caller mikey the mechanic "id work circles around ya jerky"

thank you come again!

haha
Old 10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cheap?? coming from the guy using the same kit.. lol
It is a cheap kit, come on man $99 shipped. I still have my Tanabe springs. I needed a way to adjust the back of the car when I put my kids in the car on my trips to PA everyweekend. Running 19's with the added weight with the Tanabes's don't mix. I have a new car coming already which should be here in a couple weeks. I wasn't going to spend $800+ on a set of coilovers for a car that will be gone by November I laugh at you bro because you're the biggest joke I have ever encountered in my life I'll be a bigger man and stop the childish bickering now.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im only keeping this going because u just make me laugh

ur an arrogant waste of space blah blah blah

so take ur ball and go home
Old 10-04-2004, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i got em installed today . but... ride is kinda crappy i think it is because i modified the upper spring cushion. stacked up rubbers . too bouncy i gotta mess with the setup and it may become nice. hey munch how did u set up the fronts?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i got em installed today . but... ride is kinda crappy i think it is because i modified the upper spring cushion. stacked up rubbers . too bouncy i gotta mess with the setup and it may become nice. hey munch how did u set up the fronts?
PM me I'll give you the details
Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i read this whole thing sounds fun