Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

I'm lost and stuck with spacers :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I'm lost and stuck with spacers :(

So rims got delivered (Axis Oldskool 15x8 +25) and searching around I came to conclusion that they'll either fit tight or not fit at all cuz of calipers. so I ordered 5mm wheel spacers for front and 10mm for back just in case they don't fit.

So I put the wheels on and there's like 1mm space between the caliper and back of wheel, I can put a knife between, wheels spin without rubbing caliper but I'm scared cuz they'r so close.

So I go and try to install the spacers with reading some how to's on scionlife and I can't remove the front rotor for ____, I hit on it for 30min with a rubber mallet and nothing I also came to conclusion, that I have no clue where to even start with the back they'r not hub spacers in back, just normal ichiba spacers all around.

First mechanic I called wanted $180 to change all 16 bolts, so I gave up on that too, broke at the moment

I just gave up, declared myself beaten, and need some ideas. (installings springs was a walk in the park compared to this )
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

grind the calipers
Old 06-12-2009, 09:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Stupid question #1. Did you pull off the caliper to get the rotor off?

You can replace the lug studs without removing the plate from the car, if you look at the back of them there is a little indentation on the backing plate that allws them to pop out and be replaced... just make sure you throw a factory lug nut on there and tighten it down so that it presses into place before you put the rotor back on... for the rear I believe all you have to do is remove the face of the drum, not to sure, never broke a rear stud...
Old 06-13-2009, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

why didnt you get hub spacers for the back? After reading this I am going to go with ichiba up front for my og sans when i get them just for offset help. is it best to do the same for the rear or will my hub spacer be ok?

sorry, wish i could help you more on the problem, i read the diy, sounds like it just takes patience,
Old 06-13-2009, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think that the rim will touch the caliper, if what im thinking is right. go for a drive and find out! and you can get some spacers anywhere nowadays. and learn to change the studs yourself im sure there is some one local to help you
Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

dont forget about the guy who put new brakes on and then gouged the inside of his wheels because the caliper stuck out further.