Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

New product about to hit the market(coilover setup)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default New product about to hit the market(coilover setup)

Partshippers has been working very closely with Progress Group on the Scion line. Let me tell you not only have I pushed for this product hardcore (trust me...they won't deny that!) and the enthusiasm and dedication from Progress Group is second to none. We have been back and forth with this for many months to come up with a unique and incredible quality setup. I'm very grateful to be working with a top notch company like Progress.

On the market your seeing really generic stuff. When companies produce a product like a coilover...9 times out of 10 they keep their entire line on the same playing field. Drop heights the same, using same parts from another vehicle so they don't have to produce something completely vehicle specific. Truely the mold is being broken.

In the next few days I'll have photos of a coilover design and rear setup that is going to really put the other products in the cold. one hint is...how come these companies think that removing the spring from the existing location when it works in conjuction with the torsion arm is an ok thing to do when producing a coilover setup? Don't you think that Toyota made the shock seperate from the spring for a reason when they designed it?

The product is going to be debuted at Sema the first week of November...but...

I'll have photos for you asap. The good news.....

massive drop when you want it, a coilover with a very very good ride at-will.

I'm talking about stock height-probably dragging a 2x4

Price tag of $699!!! This is going to beat down the competition right there in the price tag.

info to come.

Partshippers sponsors Scionlife and our reputation has been literally stellar. I'm so excited that i'm able to bring this product to this community, because i know that all the work we have put into the Scion line and Scionlife, there can only be nothing but positive for us all.

I'm posting this info hear so when I take preorders in the coming days, I'll have a thread to answer questions. Keep your eye on the Sponsor Marketplace very soon.

Questions and comments welcome and I'll answer them as soon as possible.

Jeff
www.Partshippers.com
Old 09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

that's awesome bro!! Lookin' for someone to sponsor?! lol Good deal Jeff and Dave!! Can't wait to see it!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Ill decide what I think of them when spring rates and if they have adj. dampening is posted. I doubt they will be at that price.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've only heard good things about Progress, so I'm anxious to see how these coilovers work out!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Dang, Progress makes an awesone rear sway bar so you know the coilovers have to be as good. And over $100 less retail than the next cheapest. Hmm.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by BrianxB
Ill decide what I think of them when spring rates and if they have adj. dampening is posted. I doubt they will be at that price.

If you think your getting a dampening adjustment at $699 you just like to see yourself type. lol. btw..definitely just teasing with you

This isn't air ride, this isn't a race setup. Some people put their money into air ride setups and how many people do you know that race xB's? I'll have spring rates available soon but other spring rates can be made.

The kit is for 99.9% of us out there. A setup that can go from stock to (i'm not allowed to speculate the drop til i have solid numbers to post) substantial. When i kidded about dragging a 2x4...that wasn't a false story.

99.9% of us want a nice ride, good looks, quality, inexpensive and adjustability to the height your comfortable with. I can't see how anyone can argue this. By far the majority of us out there daily drive our cars and want the things i mentioned. This kit is exactly that.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by squirrel
Dang, Progress makes an awesone rear sway bar so you know the coilovers have to be as good. And over $100 less retail than the next cheapest. Hmm.
i can't get into the rear setup yet...but i never said the rear was a shock/spring coilover. i said the opposite of that...that people are not utilizing the rear torsion arm with the other rear setups. Also..the other company your talking about doesn't give you the height adjustabilty nearly as low as Progress's will.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

nice, i'll keep this in mind when i mod my suspension (damn i need to get the box first >_<)
Old 09-02-2005, 07:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Bring it on!

I want to be at the top of the list. :D
Old 09-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Lip
Originally Posted by squirrel
i can't get into the rear setup yet...but i never said the rear was a shock/spring coilover. i said the opposite of that...that people are not utilizing the rear torsion arm with the other rear setups. Also..the other company your talking about doesn't give you the height adjustabilty nearly as low as Progress's will.
Jeff,

I can go at least an inch lower now, but then again, I have custom springs for my TEIN Wagons.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Jeff,

I can go at least an inch lower now, but then again, I have custom springs for my TEIN Wagons.
definitely

big price difference though and the box with these Progress pieces is literally near the ground as if its an air ride setup if you want it that low.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Lip
Originally Posted by BrianxB

If you think your getting a dampening adjustment at $699 you just like to see yourself type. lol. btw..definitely just teasing with you

This isn't air ride, this isn't a race setup. Some people put their money into air ride setups and how many people do you know that race xB's? I'll have spring rates available soon but other spring rates can be made.

The kit is for 99.9% of us out there. A setup that can go from stock to (i'm not allowed to speculate the drop til i have solid numbers to post) substantial. When i kidded about dragging a 2x4...that wasn't a false story.

99.9% of us want a nice ride, good looks, quality, inexpensive and adjustability to the height your comfortable with. I can't see how anyone can argue this. By far the majority of us out there daily drive our cars and want the things i mentioned. This kit is exactly that.
There are at least 3 xBs that I see at local autocrosses here.

Im not arguing.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

agreed...definitely some racers out there. but these could be used in that application but also the xB autoxer is by far the minority

there are alot of these photos at different exposed events etc...and not many autoxers are in these crowds

Old 09-02-2005, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking forward to seeing more info on this setup
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds very promising.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok, you have my attention

also waiting for a rear brace
Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well...just got off the phone with Progress....i don't even know what to say. They are beyond excited. They took the box out slammed to the ground ..i mean really really low and they said the ride was still extremely good with that little travel. oh...btw...if your looking for that weird jdm crazy out of allignment camber look...this isn't for you. whether your up at stock..or down below....camber is still excellent. I'm...i should say we ...aren't into the crazy camber tire wear thing and see no reason to hinder performance and the safety of the drivers. Thats not incuding tire costs.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Lip
if your looking for that weird jdm crazy out of allignment camber look...this isn't for you. whether your up at stock..or down below....camber is still excellent. I'm...i should say we ...aren't into the crazy camber tire wear thing and see no reason to hinder performance and the safety of the drivers. Thats not incuding tire costs.
Do you mean camber shims will not work with this system? Just wondering in case I want to put really low offset wheels in the future (for looks only).

I am so curious to see how the rear is set up
Old 09-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oh....you can put shims...yes. but i'm saying that your camber is fine.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

i plan on running 3 degrees of camber very soon in the rear and 2 degrees up froen wheen i can afford cusco plates, but if the progress coilover setup is a legit setup (like hks or tien, not ground control) and can dump me 3+ inches im SOLD, im on a very limited budget while trying to build a showcar. at $699 i can feel my debit card getting ready to do its thing haha. can you maybe pm me with a yes or no if it goes 3+ inches lower than stock?

Quick Reply: New product about to hit the market(coilover setup)