Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

PLZ help Another TRD question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default PLZ help Another TRD question

ok i guys iv searched and searched but cant come up with a real good answer. Alright i dont have my xb yet....this weekend will be the big order. Im going to get it fairly "stock" as in not much "upgrades" from the factory(ill take care of that myself). BUT i was wondering about the trd spring and shock/strut combo. I was considering this option just for easy access because i dont feel like doing it myself lol. I hear its only a 1 inch drop(thats ok i have a STEEP drive way). But im definantly getting some 17" rims RIGHT away lol. So i was wondering if there is really a noticeable "lowered" look with that spring combo on some 17's. Because if im still going to have that 4x4 looking gap....then ill go elsewhere for my lowering setup. I know tire size has much to do with it, so i plan on some 40 series tires(not to small not to big). Just figured that i might aswell have the factory do it from the get go....

oh and dont bother telling me about the "stiffness", i daily drive a 240sx with coilovers now.......so im sure this will feel nothing like it.

iv searched for pics but cant really find if they're using the trd's or not.....

or if any of you guys have the trd's (or somewhat of the same drop) with some 17's, a link to some pics of the look would be GREAT!

Thanks alot
nismo

*EDIT* actually i noticed that a lot of people buy other brand lowering springs...and never say if they changed the shocks/struts. If the stock shock and struts can handle the new lowered stresses, i may just do a spring only setup. Plz comment on this.......thanx again. I know its always wise to buy new shocks and struts at the same time, but many of you seem to be getting away with it lol. And since im used to coilovers(most of my driving life lol....im 20) im sure the bouncyness of just springs wouldnt faze me. Plz comment if the stock shocks are up to the task.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

finally found a couple of pics......took a third plate of dinner and some serious hunting.

No worries now.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The TRD springs are designed to work with the stock sturts if you want them to. But if you're looking for a bit more handling then the TRD struts wouldn't hurt. After they fully settle it'll give you about a 1.25-1.5in drop all the way around. You won't be tucking but you'll lose the wheel gap & it'll ride nice to. If you're riding in a 240 with coilovers you'll be fine. My brother has a 92 that he just finished swapping a new motor into (sorry it's just a KA). So i know what you mean whaen you say 4X4 wheel gap cause all nissans are like that for some reason. lol !!!