Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Results of my alignment check

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 12:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Results of my alignment check

Took my car in to get an alignment check and below is the result. From what I understand, SAI isn't really adjustable, and even though it's written that something may be bent, it may actually just be because my car is lowered.

I have a set of camber bolts in the garage that I am going to install myself (the shop wanted $40 just to install them) and wanted verification of which way the eccentric should face along with the washer in order to correct the out of spec camber on the right front.

Or, does it really matter since it can rotate 360º and the tech will do the adjustment anyway? Basically I want to get it a least oriented correctly. They replace the top bolts, right?

The bolts
Old 06-27-2011, 05:29 AM
SL Member

Not sure about the huge difference in the front alignment, but the tech might be correct on something being bent. Did you buy your xB used?

Check out my alignment thread, personally I think they can get your toe to 0* if they were not being lazy, I had to take mine in twice to get it within specs.. I honestly think the techs see green on the toe and say ok good enough...I told them the second time I wanted it 0, and I wanted to see it on the computer before I got my car back, along with my camber.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=204094
Old 06-27-2011, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had the car since it had 54 miles on it. It's had it's share of bad roads, but has never acheived 0 G's.
From the limited research I've done, SAI and cross camber can be thrown off since the geometry has changed because I'm not running at stock ride height. Since SAI isn't adjustable, I'm ASSuming that those may come back in line if I can get the right side camber down.
I'm not too concerned with getting anything to the lower part of the specified range. Afterall, that's why there's a range. I just want the measurements to be within specs.
I will probably be doing front brakes in the next 10k miles, so will deal with it then. Tire wear is consistent, and they have 30k on them right now with 5/32 left.