Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

shocks struts

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default shocks struts

i will be running 17x7 et25 with 215/40/17. i will be rolling the fender for clearance and adding a 15mm space to rear. have the ground control c/o setup but am afraid to even install them. i did a little open road testing on my most traveled paths this weekend. i do believe i would be in trouble if i decide to drop 2.25". these roads in n.c. are terrible. so i guess my question is what shocks/struts are available at this time for the xb that would resolve my problems with bottoming out? or should i sale the ground controls and go with something else? help me please. my wheels should be in any time now so need to jump on this asap. holla
Old 04-05-2004, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have the most flexibility with the GC. If you are bottoming out then just lift it a few turns. I have not bottomed out at all with my drop and I have not rolled the fenders at all. I have a beefy tire which helps with pot holes, but I live in a hilly area and the roads look like they have been land mined. TRD makes a stiffer set of shocks if you are concerned, but I've had no problems so far with the stock shocks and I have wizzed over some fairly bumpy roads. If you go with standard set of lowering springs then you are locked into a specific drop and can really do nothing except take them off and try and sell a used set of springs if they don't work. If you are especially worried about the conditions of your roads I would personally want an adjustable spring. You could always do a "real" coilover, but that's more $.