Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

For those with SPY springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 03:51 AM
5 Year Member

Default For those with SPY springs

i am debating between Eibach Pro and SPY springs. I like how the Spy springs sits but i do not want to have a bumpy ride. For those that have a comparison of how Spy springs ride could help me out. Anybody out there ridden in both Spy and Eibach drops? I know Eibach will have a good ride for sure, my question is would SPY compared to Eibachs. Also this will be on stock shocks with 215/45/17 if that matters. All inputs are welcome please.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Spys ride better than stock.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

whenever i see this question about "...lowering but wanting to keep my ride...", my first response is always, "well, what do you think about your stock ride right now?" I say that to say, if your really paying attention, that stock ride really isnt that great to begin with.

After you lower it, you will not feel that drastic a difference in your ride...again, its bumpy to begin with. In fact many claim the ride to actually be better than stock. I feel that way. I have spy-2in, and have ridden in xB's with sprint-2in and eibach. Some say sprint will eventually sag, but i will have to admit that i think they road a bit more firm than my spys-and i liked that...and it looked just as good as spy. eibach tends to be a bit conservative and soft for my taste. i went into this wanting at least a 2inch drop on mine. i dig the "dumped" look.

Good Luck.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for u're responses. I do know that the ride will not be as nice once lowering. The answer i was looking for is what characteristics SPY springs have. I have owned many cars with different suspensions and every one is different. That is what i was looking for. I had Sprint twice and i hated the boat ride. So if SPY is like Sprint i may not like it. I had H&R's before and they are pretty similar to Eibachs. I loved the H&R ride. Very sporty yet not bouncy and not like a boat. So by what you are saying SPY is softer than Sprints then i would not like them.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i see what youre getting at!!! i too am a big h&r guy...low and stiff (that sounds crazy dosent it?). i do not believe that h&r have made anything for the scions yet...or i would have went with them. unless you change out the shocks, i believe no matter what you choose, both spy and sprint will feel similar. but i wouldnt go so far as to say they are as soft as eibach.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member

i just switched from sprints to spys and the ride is much better. very noticable comfort factor. i recommend the spys over sprints for one thing. im sure the eibach are good, but you may want your car lower over time. its up to you.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xB ey
i do not believe that h&r have made anything for the scions yet...or i would have went with them.

actually, they have and a lot of people are running them right now. i can't really say anything else except you should get the spy springs if you are a fan of that particular company.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hey PEOPLE,

i'm in great desire of wanting to order some spy springs..and even going down there to SD to pick them up.

alot of people have the spy springs...is there any way we can get discount on the springs as a scionlife member?

i know $216 + tax is a great deal...but considering that Tanabe DF210 are only $156 ...it's a hard choice... I really want the SPY, but can't decide because of price.

any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

GET SPY!
Old 10-15-2003, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution