Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...
View Poll Results: What are you running.
8 valves -FBSS
73.91%
Any other Combo of Valves
8.70%
4 valves -FB
17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

For Xb's with Air Ride!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciondrgn
What I dont understand is why do people think a Reverse 4 link is unsafe or dangerous..

That myth was busted along time ago.
I must have missed that episode of Mythbusters where they defied the laws of physics. Does anybody have it taped?

Cando even sells a bolt on reverse 4 link for minis
And Minitruckin' did an article about mounting shocks on sway bars. That doesn't make it right.

You can easily get huge amounts of lift off this set up and maintain one awesome ride quality with it..
And you can do the same thing, and have a vehicle that behaves properly under all conditions with a properly designed suspension. Physics are the laws of nature. You can't break them, so why try? It makes life a whole lot easier and safer if you just work with them rather than against them.

I mean for real just because some people cant get it to work years ago doesnt mean it has to be bad for everyone.
The nice things about the laws of physics is that they don't change.

If the install is done right it will perform and continue to and my old s10 has proven that so dont tell me its the "wrong way to do it"
All your old S-10 proves is that you can make an S-10 go up and down.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crayonBOX
that you said, try draining your tank with your bags fully filled (use the drain/aux valve) if your bags go flat too, then your solenoids leak. (just a little, and under quite a bit of 'reverse' pressure.
You are right. The only time your bags would deflate is if your valve leaked. However, unless you have a bad valve, or debris in your valve this shouldn't happen. A clean, properly work valve will not leak out.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heres a question then instead of ranting on how Ive done my truck in the past why dont you actually put some useful information in there and explain how you would have done it? Not once have you said "the correct" way as you put it.

We all know that any form of modified suspension is going outside of the factory specs of a vehicle and we all take a chance regardless of which way its done
I just might do that. I don't have time right now. But if it will satisfy you, I will.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
Heres a question then instead of ranting on how Ive done my truck in the past why dont you actually put some useful information in there and explain how you would have done it? Not once have you said "the correct" way as you put it.

We all know that any form of modified suspension is going outside of the factory specs of a vehicle and we all take a chance regardless of which way its done
I just might do that. I don't have time right now. But if it will satisfy you, I will.
It doesnt matter to me honestly and i personally dont care because i dont own an s10 anymore and considereing this is a Scion board and and not the s10 forum..

I dont mind constructive comments and your opinion is just that.. but how about in the future instead of just saying .. "Thats not right" how about actually back up your statements first then we can discuss that later versus being so short winded in your post.

And spider you can lock this thread if you want. Im personally done with it

Thanks everyone with there opinions on the 4vs8 valves setups and what everyone is running
Old 12-01-2005, 08:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rather than trying to put all the information into my own words, and taking forever to do so, I'll provide a simple link.

The company listed below is probably the leading company in the world when it comes to automotive pneumatic suspension. I could continue to provide link after link to back up my statements, but this one does it just fine in terms that everyone can understand.

http://www.ridetech.com/techarticles...nktechinfo.asp
Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

i run 4 valves in the front but only 2 in the back. i only have the 4 in front so i can adjust the sides. everything works fine and i have no warping or anything.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rolex87
i run 4 valves in the front but only 2 in the back. i only have the 4 in front so i can adjust the sides. everything works fine and i have no warping or anything.
Cool thanks for the info
Old 12-02-2005, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is not my opinion it is a fact, if you loss pressure on the tank and do not have a inline check valve between the tank and valves(which i now have and works great) the bags will deflate because these electric solienoid valves are pressure sealed from the inlet side.

this happened to me when i air mine up and then released the air from the tank so i could install my water seperator.

just thought i would warn you because if you lost all your tank pressure without a check valve installed for what ever reason while driving, it could turn out bad for you fenders.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion1616
this is not my opinion it is a fact, if you loss pressure on the tank and do not have a inline check valve between the tank and valves(which i now have and works great) the bags will deflate because these electric solienoid valves are pressure sealed from the inlet side.

this happened to me when i air mine up and then released the air from the tank so i could install my water seperator.

just thought i would warn you because if you lost all your tank pressure without a check valve installed for what ever reason while driving, it could turn out bad for you fenders.
Yup you are correct.. With No pressure in the tank and no check valve the valves will open and deflate..
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

This must depend on your vavles. Because I have lifted my car, then pulled my tank and compressor to work on some things. It was fine for several hours, I even drove it to the store and back.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Spider13

This must depend on your vavles. Because I have lifted my car, then pulled my tank and compressor to work on some things. It was fine for several hours, I even drove it to the store and back.
Some valves do have essentially a check valve in them to keep that so its possible with the ones you have and air wont leak back..
Old 12-05-2005, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah some valves you need tank psi some you do not
Old 12-05-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I can humbly add my 2c....

I believe there is no difference between number of valves 4 vs 8 for the problem stated. I dont think its a cut corner thing either, if the installation is done right it may be just the owner's preference knowing that he/she will not have as much control over the system. If its just and up and down system with one manual valve installed right then it should be fine. The suspension overall should level out if all the bags still have some air, if some bags do not have air then you obviously have more resistance and that may or may not cause more damage. Im not saying its not the air bags that are causing the problem, Im saying its probably not a difference between 4-8 valves and 8 valves could also cause the same problem if 4-valves can.

I think the problem could be due to a number of things, maybe its the speed in which you pump and dump, I think the "action" could cause the problem not just having the equipment. I would think if your pump and dump action is slower that you could reduce body flex if there is a potential to cause any. Here is my main question of bags vs coilovers, when you had the coilovers you said you didnt notice the misalignment, was the airbags at that same exact coilover height from a dumped position still show the misalignment?

Also some might want to think out of the "box"
Did the car get into an accident? Was the car ever loaded beyond its capacity? Is there dynamat in the doors? Is there speakers? Has the door ever been removed? Has anyone over extended the doors? Has anyone slammed the doors? Was the car of jack stands for any reason for an extended amount of time, maybe on jackstands in an uneven manner or uneven ground?

I still say its a good question, but I just wanted to take the time and comment that it could be a number of things.

Peace.