Notices

Best All-Season Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Best All-Season Tires?

Hey all! I wanted to know what the best all around all-season tire is that money can buy that is of the stock size (185/60-15). So far, I've been looking at the Cooper Lifeliner SLEs and the Michelin Harmonys. I'm looking for something with the following (Most important to least):
1. Good snow and wet traction.
2. Quiet ride
3. Long Treadlife

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Cooper's but want to know if you guys have any recommendations. Thanks for any help!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=AS

Check tire sites (such as TireRack, where the above chart comes from) for more customer opinions.

I went a slightly different way for my xB...

Old 04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks! I've been to tirerack before but haven't yet seen that chart! Very helpful!
Old 04-18-2006, 07:07 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmmm... I should have tossed in the survey chart that included my tires, too...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=ST

(I don't have as much need for a real snow tire as you folks in NJ do (I used to live in Atlantic Highlands...), but here in the Seattle area I sure do need a rain tire, and the OEM tires don't cut it...

Good luck on your search!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Atlantic Highlands, huh? That's where I work on my car all the time at my uncle's house. He lives across the street from the Mt. Mitchell Scenic Overlook point. I also work right in Redbank at Redbank Recycling and Autowreckers. You ever been there?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh. I used to drive by Redbank Autowreckers every now and then. (Even spent some time in the hospital there in Redbank.) I worked out at Crawfords Corner in Holmdel when it was still Bell Labs. In Atlantic Highlands, I lived across 36 from the A&P (probably still there, but no idea what it is now) in a brick condo. Used to enjoy Sandy Hook in the summers - if you could get past the greenheads...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah man, the A&P is still there and so are the brick condos. Not much has changed up in that area...
Old 04-22-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Regarding tires for the Xb at the standard size, I have been very happy with Yokohama Avid TRZ. They were designed for micro-vans, which is basically what an Xb is. They have a very comfortable ride, good traction and are remarkably quite. The price is nice, too.

EmjayUu

P.S. My tag says future Scion owner, which is not the case, I had my 04 xp in 8/03, and drove down the stock tires, The Yokes are no comparison, improved everything. The car rides better than new
Old 04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Pirelli Pzero Nero M&S are nice. Avon tires are nice, and Tomas' BFG Traction T/A's are good tires too, I had them on my last car.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I know this is kinda old but i just got Cooper Lifeliners put on because my stock tires were DONE. I've only put about 3 miles on them but they feel quite nice. Quiet and have a 70k mile treadwear supposedly. Have no idea yet about snow or rain handling. They were kinda xpesive from Colony tire though. I had no choice because like i said the old one's were finished. That's stock Goodyear's lasting almost 30k.