Notices

H&R Wheel Spacers Here- Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 07:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default H&R Wheel Spacers Here- Pictures

Finally!! After waiting five months, the H&R wheel spacers got here today. I had been using some cheap ____ $6 spacers so that my wheels could fit over the brake calipers and had been having crazy steering wheel vibrations at highway speeds over 70 mph. Once I switched to the hubcentric spacers the vibrations has dissipated almost completely. I put 5mm spacers on the front wheels, but have yet to put on the longer studs. The instruction w/ the spacers (which by the way do not tell you how to install the studs) indicted that as long as you can turn the lug nut 6.5 times on the stud at max torque you don't need to put on the longer studs. I just barley am able to do this but just to be safe I think that I'll put in the longer studs. Anyways, I'm always lookin for a xB project. Hopefully get to this in a day or two and will post pictures of DIY stud replacement.
H&R 5mm on the left and cheap-___ spacer on the right

H&R spacer with two of the replacement studs
Old 09-08-2004, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

What a difference some quality parts can make! That cheapy one looks like some muffler gasket off a rusted junker! I give you the Big Round One's award for rolling on those! Good luck in your journey to gain flushness!
Old 09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: H&R Wheel Spacers Here- Pictures

Minsk...Dang, five months for spacers? Are you going to be adding some to your rears or did that get taken care of already? By the way, where'd youget them from? I was thinking of getting some for my fronts too, I guess I better get that order in so I can do the install by...February of 2005

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by Minsk99
Finally!! After waiting five months, the H&R wheel spacers got here today. ..

H&R spacer with two of the replacement studs
Old 09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Minsk...Dang, five months for spacers? Are you going to be adding some to your rears or did that get taken care of already? By the way, where'd youget them from? I was thinking of getting some for my fronts too, I guess I better get that order in so I can do the install by...February of 2005
I'm not going to be adding any spacers to the rear. Although that would make the front and rear wheels more even, I already had to cut the lip of my rear fenders to get my beefy tires and low offset to clear the fender with the drop on my HKS coilovers. I think I'd have to put some fender flares on the rear and really trim the fender to get this low with some spacers in the rear. Perhaps someday I think it would look BAD Anyway, I got my H&R through Scion Life. I think that the back order may finally be over, so you should hit up Darren. Inventory on these may actually be back in stock.
Old 09-09-2004, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, after all these months of "OUT OF STOCK" it turns out those spacers actually exist! :D Thanks for the photos Minsk. I'm looking forward to the wheel stud install info!
Old 09-09-2004, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm looking forward to the wheel stud install info!
Just got the stud DIY up. Here's a link to it:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26704