Notices

moons & white walls

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

yeah that has been in my mind for a few years now, I tried a spot on a tire one time with a small right angle die grinder and a sanding disk on it and it works just like they say, it will take a little practice to get it not wavy etc, but I was doing it on a tire that was still on a car.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Moon fans! Been awhile! I just wanted to pass on some info I found out the hard way....

I lost a moon so I ordered 2 replacements just before thanksgiving. turns out that they don't appear to fit my xB anymore.

I spoke with mooneyesusa and they said they've had several people report poor/no fit recently. but, people that use to have problems (HHRs I believe he mentioned) now fit. something about the last order of 1500 is just a little big. It was absolutely impossible to put them on. I destroyed one trying. They were kind enough to refund my $ but my car is naked for the first time in almost 6 years!

soooooo...... anyone order from hubcapmike and try his knockoffs recently? they look to be lower profile than moons so i'm afraid they might bend my valve stems (which are obnoxiously huge but that's another rant)?

or does anyone have some gently used ones they'd part with? I need at least one but wanted more for backups even though I don't go through them fast or anything.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ...I have MOONS....

GitarSurf, I have two sets of MOONS. The type that does not use screws to secure it. I have one set panted Polar White and the other set is just brushed aluminum from the hubcap factory.
Did you try 'Hubcap Mike"? Try JC Wittney online as well. PM me if you can not find a working replacement.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered from hubcap mike's awhile ago and finally put them on today. They survived a short highway trek and so far, i rate them higher than actual moons.

They don't bubble out as far, they're stainless, they're cheaper, and the biggest shocker to me is that they're silent (at least for now!)! No more of that pinging clicking scraping obnoxiousness! The color is a little warmer than the aluminum moons. only bad thing so far is that they really show fingerprints. moons were easier to keep smudge free.

xBHawk... Thanks for your post and suggestions. I had never thought to go to jcwhitney! Thanks!

Name:  hubcapmikesmoons.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  57.7 KB