id go with the gunmetal
Old 03-16-2007, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol, hey that's my car!

I see you're still trying to make up your mind on the color. lol

If I were you I'd do the gunmetal too. Lighter colored silver wheels on a silver car look kind funny to me. lol I'm not too worried with the lighter rims though, I picked mine up from a former scionlifer who lived in the area. He gave me a good deal so I picked them up.

Gunmetal in my opinion works better on the TCM though. lol, I still recommend you go with a 2" drop though, I'm getting some goldlines from a friend soon, and the TRD kit is just a tad too high to make the rims pop the way I'd like them too. If you stay stock height I bet you're gonna have something bugging you for a bit. lol Good luck again bro!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey ghost I was wondering when you would pop in. I hope it was ok to use your pic

in all honesty I would ave already gotten the silver ones you have but the place I want to buy from ran out and has no eta. they only have the gunmetal now. I still like how yours look and I'm trying to get an idea of what people think of gm with polished lip

thanks for at least helping me settle on the grids ghost, youve always been very helpful
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

NP, on the pic. If it helps then that is more then enough for me to say OKAY! lol Gunmetal is/was (might be?) a hot rim color, sorta like the white rims from a few years back.

I still say no matter what you do drop the car, it will have unsightly wheel gap if not, bigger rims, smaller tires, same wheel gap = bleh. lol
Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely gun metal! That's what I've got on my TCM
Old 03-17-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default I definitely like the Full Royal Sports Bronze. (^o^ ) <

^ Full Royal Sports Bronze. ( ^_^)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2275186

^ More can be seen there.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it's a choice between silver and gunmetal, I'd go with gunmetal. Bronze is nice, too, but I'm likin' that monochrome thing.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

GM all the way!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like polished or silver.

gunmetal is waaaaay played out.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

DId ya decide yet, can't wait to see your box with new shoes.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hi ghost.
I did make up my mind, but I cant find any silver in stock nor an eta from anyone. I actually saw a GM with polished lip yesterday and the funny thing was theyre were 3 other cars next to it with the same color rim,

Bloody Sunday youre right they are a little tooo played out. Plus you can still see the silver at night.

gohst I hope I can find my rims soon and put them on since I just got my yakima rack and I want to put everything on at the same time. Oh and yeah I'm going to lower the car, though I dont know if Eibach or trd. I'm just looking for a minimal drop
Old 03-23-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by silverevo05
hi ghost.
I did make up my mind, but I cant find any silver in stock nor an eta from anyone. I actually saw a GM with polished lip yesterday and the funny thing was theyre were 3 other cars next to it with the same color rim,

Bloody Sunday youre right they are a little tooo played out. Plus you can still see the silver at night.

gohst I hope I can find my rims soon and put them on since I just got my yakima rack and I want to put everything on at the same time. Oh and yeah I'm going to lower the car, though I dont know if Eibach or trd. I'm just looking for a minimal drop
VERY NICE choice

i had a yak rack on mine and i loved the look and functionality.

I got my Rota's from JLBMotorsports.

I just took off my GT3's - silver with polished lip and put on the stockies cuz i'm going to the mountains this weekend
Old 03-23-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by BloodySunday
hi ghost.

VERY NICE choice

I just took off my GT3's - silver with polished lip and put on the stockies cuz i'm going to the mountains this weekend
JLBmotorsports is a site sponsor who I was going to say check with them. lol but Bloodysunday meat me to it. lol I just put the Rota's back on cause my stockers are going bald, plus winter is almost over here. . . I hope. lol Good Luck! and nice choice on the silver color choice lol

TRD might be the way to go, I see them on the PPC all the time, about $100 bucks or less. You can get other companies like Tien, tanabe, and a few others cause they all make a 1" drop spring. If you wait long enough I might sell you my TRD's when I put on some gold lines. I hate potholes but I hate wheel gap more. lol
Old 03-23-2007, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thunder cloud is darker than normal silver... It's hard to find a wheel that actually matches.

I do like the gunmetal better though.

-THE DON
Old 03-23-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ghost_1
Originally Posted by BloodySunday
hi ghost.

VERY NICE choice

JLBmotorsports is a site sponsor who I was going to say check with them. lol but Bloodysunday meat me to it. lol I just put the Rota's back on cause my stockers are going bald, plus winter is almost over here. . . I hope. lol Good Luck! and nice choice on the silver color choice lol

TRD might be the way to go, I see them on the PPC all the time, about $100 bucks or less. You can get other companies like Tien, tanabe, and a few others cause they all make a 1" drop spring. If you wait long enough I might sell you my TRD's when I put on some gold lines. I hate potholes but I hate wheel gap more. lol
yeah, i'd say got with Tien S-Techs. Great drop with nice ride. Can't remember where I got mine, but they were $132 shipped
Old 03-23-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I tried JLB they all get there wheels from rota but they only have 3 silver rota grids.

I have 4 wheels, oh well I guess I have to wait.

Availabilty is posted here
http://www.rotawheel.com/AVAILABILITY.htm

They have no eta when they will get more so I guess I'll sit and wait
huuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-23-2007, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...oogle&ct=title check some of these guys out. I'll see if I can get intouch with the guy I bought mine from maybe he remembers where he got his.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by THE_DON
Thunder cloud is darker than normal silver... It's hard to find a wheel that actually matches.

I do like the gunmetal better though.

-THE DON
I have a set of Rota Boost wheels in the regular bronze on my Sentra that seem to match the Thundercloud Metallic color quite well. It's almost dead on. I can't put them on the box, since those have a different bolt pattern, but when the Sentra is parked right next to the box, you'd think the box & the wheels were painted at the same time! (^o^ )

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/680...boost09ah1.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/9...boost04ry0.jpg