Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2tone_xB
Scott, i think it's just hilarious when you type/say something,
supposedly 'thinking' you know what you're talking about...
...then people tell you wassup.

'bastard mix' hahha. guess you run under that.
theres times i dont know stuff. no doubt. but i think im pretty damn good at helping people. (aka I am a Super Mod arent I) where have you been posting helpful info? what i "think" is still 100 times more than you will ever know. im trying to help Rebelman pick something out here and lead him in the right direction. So far Brad, bBoxd, and Rico are the only ones seemingly helping.

anyway, have you seen my car in the last month? didnt think so. must be boring to have custom paint (the first stage of it), 9 inch wide wheels, and all that bastard crap for the sport look...

have fun rolling red steelies the rest of your life bud.

and Mark, I realize only 10 people (probably more than that) on here run the DHs. but its funny because theyre all going for the exact same VIP look so it feels like thats all thats seen. i want to see some Vienna Dishes like Seans old wheels, or something different every once in a while. i liked your xB when it had the old Equips Mark, because they were one of the few that had them at the time. Now so many people have them, theyre boring to see on an xB. Your xB looks awesome, no doubt, but I just dont like the DHs as much anymore. Thats all
Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems very difficult to find the "go-kart-style" wheels. 15x8 or 15x9 wheels are not easy to come by in the US. Some of the VW guys run them on their cars, but they're still hard to come by and usually very expensive. The bB above looks like it has 15x8 or 15x9 (maybe x10?) with a very low offset. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't just slap a 16x9 et 15 or a 15x8 et 10 wheel on a lowered xB without rubbing. Fender rolling and fender flairs might be required, no?

Plus, you need to be über slammed for it to look good, IMHO.

I love that look; I really do. This is one of my favorite all-time bBs

But finding wheels similar to this is difficult.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very true Brad....a lot of JDM/VIP confusion going on. I'm just happy seeing slammed scions width awesome wheel fitments VIP or not. Your xB and the bBist xB are good examples of that: spo-com, JDM, etc..slammed and staggered wheels. Which reminds me, I just saw the bBist xB on the cover of the Super Street 2006 calender!!

Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
Im an old school fender mirror and go kart wheel kinda guy (off topic, but im a HUGE fan of your Borbets Rico. VERY hot)
Thanks Scott, yup, my car defintely has a go-kart look to it. My fatty tires make it look like a R/C car or something....I love it! I should post a video of me rolling around, it totally looks like a little toy The fatty tires help ease my ride in the nasty San Francisco streets, but I love VIPstyle and will definitely go that route eventually.....
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh definetly. thats flared out on airride. im sure all the fenders were cut and made to fit that bB just right.

wheels are
15x9.5 with 12 offset up front, 15x10 with 16 offset in rear.

thats not a bolt up job. lots of work there, but in this case, it paid off and looks sick as hell. VW forums are awesome to find good wheels that are low offset and wide in our bolt pattern. im in the process of looking for a new set again for this spring actually, and thats where ill get them most likely.

scott
Old 12-07-2005, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

VW forums are awesome to find good wheels that are low offset and wide in our bolt pattern. im in the process of looking for a new set again for this spring actually, and thats where ill get them most likely.

scott
haha! I thought I was the only xB owner trolling the VW forums for wheels!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sushiboy
VW forums are awesome to find good wheels that are low offset and wide in our bolt pattern. im in the process of looking for a new set again for this spring actually, and thats where ill get them most likely.

scott
haha! I thought I was the only xB owner trolling the VW forums for wheels!
me too!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn thats a whole xB crew there

if you do go VIP and get rid of the Borbets, PM me before you do Rico, Id be very interested in them wheels

Thanks!
scott
Old 12-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Ssshh, no one is supposed to know the VW fitment is the same as the xB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rico, yeah the calendar pic was taken sometime before Scion Night II. Hmm, I wonder who 886motorwerx is? And they have the spot right in the middle of the front bumper!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm sorry sexyscion. you got me there. =(
i'll be running steelies all my life. boo hoo.
so powerful now. feel better now by bragging? =)
Old 12-07-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel
Ssshh, no one is supposed to know the VW fitment is the same as the xB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha
Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scott, Too bad Vienna dishes look exactly like DH's? Whats the point? They look exactly alike except they are almost impossible to buy because SSR went under and they are 3x more expensive. Vienna dishes look just like the DH's? Most people would not be able to tell the difference between the DH and the Vienna's.

HAHAHAHAHA! Zach, i totally concur. hHAHAHA!!

Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="bBOXD"]Rico got everything pretty much covered. One thing to remember though is...

VIP= Expensive. There is no substitute or way around it. You cannot get cheap wheels and expect it to be VIPstyle. There is a price to pay when going down the VIPstyle route

I would have to disagree with that! I myself am on a extremely tight buget... i can no way afford to buy Works... if you do your research you can find a good set of rims at half the price... who cares if they are knock offs at least I can achieve the VIP look. I know you can't get the nice offsets but with some shims maybe throw in a spacer you can bring out your rims to make up for it. Hey man I got my rims for 300 bucks call me cheap but I think it looks pretty nice....

Old 12-07-2005, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not bashing your car, but I'm afraid you are not close to VIPstyle. You need to drop at least 1+ more inches and run 15mm spacers to achieve a MILD vip look. Remember, the VIP look is all about the stance...

Still looks nice and clean though
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry bro but i wont be the last to say but that is not VIPstyle. Chrome door handles, mirrors and trim will not make your box VIPstyle. Its all in the wheels, suspension and overall stance. Post a pic of your car from the rear that shows how flush your wheels are, lets see how close you are to the VIPlook. I'll say it one more time.

VIP= Expensive. There is no substitute or way around it. You cannot get cheap wheels and expect it to be VIPstyle. There is a price to pay when going down the VIPstyle route
Old 12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by stankubrick
I'm not bashing your car, but I'm afraid you are not close to VIPstyle. You need to drop at least 1+ more inches and run 15mm spacers to achieve a MILD vip look. Remember, the VIP look is all about the stance...

Still looks nice and clean though
im not close? common man thats not what peeps say when they see my car in person, but thats just your opinon.... its kewl man what ever makes me happy, I can live with it. I would have to agree yes it could be lower, but if you got a 4yr old kid in the back you might just understand. A 2 inch drop ain't that bad, and not to mention that my rims stuck far enough out that I had to roll my fenders due to the rubbing, but like I said im not complaining... btw thanks for the compliment out it being nice and clean...

thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nonetheless your box does look clean. Looks better then most i've seen on this forum. You've got a pretty good attitude towards everything!

See that is how people should take constructive ctriticism. geesh!
Old 12-07-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks bro that means a lot to me, especially coming from you (bBOXD)who I have a lot of respect for and your car Who truly knows the VIP style, a matter of fact i have your pic of your car as a wall paper on my cell phone.....it kinda got me down a little in it was not anything close to VIP, but im trying, it kewl man like I said whatever makes me happy.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion619
im not close? common man thats not what peeps say when they see my car in person, but thats just your opinon....
VIPstyle is just now generating interest, and I think most people have a only vague idea of it. A lot of misinformation is going around too, so some might mistake your car for VIP. As much props as you get now, you'll really blow minds with a 3.5" drop, 215/35 tires, 25mm spacers, fenders rolled flat, and -3deg camber all around....

Like Mark said, it ain't cheap nor for the weak of heart...lol...I know I can't handle doing the VIP thing just yet...haha....someday! Props for taking the constuctive criticism too, a lot of folks just get angry and don't learn anything.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

I'm going to give up on having my xB being eventually considered VIP, because of these last few posts and similar arguements in other threads all over forums on the internet (vipstylecars too ). I can't afford the true stuff or at least enough VIP stuff to make my car "VIP". Anyhow, i think down the road if/when i have a nice set of wheels (i'm definitely thinking about the Equip 01's 15x8~), air ride (pieced 8 valve), some body work (has to be 'clean'), and my CarPC project completely finished (clean OEM style) i think my xB will be pretty nice whatever category it falls under. I may not be the best at shows but at least i know i'll be the only one around here with the stuff i have done (not only just on a an xB).

I wonder how the equip's will look on a camo? I haven't really seen a camo JDMed out (stick 1nz's is nice but he's going more towards VIP than sportish). At least i'll have a high quality wheel right? work 3 piece, i hope it would be considered high quality.

Also i've been thinking, having bigger wheels is nice for looks wise but how does it effect your accel and turning and stuff? I love how i can take corners with the xB and i don't want to say this like i know for SURE but i can imagine the general feel of driving an xB with big (barely-fitting) wheels is a lot different, not to mention having to be more catious. I think having 15x8 wheels with the box dropped on them nice and stiffly should run pretty good? Even though i'm going to have air ride and i'll probably be taking it catiously most/all of the time anyhow ... ahh damn, at least it will look sporty and it will have more of a japanese flavor to it
Old 12-07-2005, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From the way your plan sounds, It sounds like its going to be a killer setup. You'll be ahead of most of the game with just some correctly fitting 15's and air. That will look great! Just be sure to order correct offsets and correct tires sizes. Getting low is very important.

Goodluck with the project. Im sure your camo will look really good.

Quick Reply: VIP Wheel Suggestions