Notices

Who has the Deepest Rims on their Box? JDM, VIP? Please Post!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

oh sean you are funny. ha ha ha
Old 12-30-2005, 11:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

qbqt, what have you learned so far about vipstyle?
Old 12-30-2005, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

QBQT... Save yourself the time and headache of a 15x15. Pretty much every American billet wheel company can build you a nice smoothie in whatever offset you want. If I were you though,
I would go with one of their standard sizes. Offset is nothing for them, but getting the larger hoops will definitely cost you extra. And to be quite honest, it just won't look right on a Box.

If you really want to tackle this, you have two approaches. One is to buy the wheels with the offset you want first and try to build you car around it. That means suspension, body kit, flares and the like.
Or you can do it the other way around. Determine what suspension you want, what body kit you want and what flares you want to run. Then order the wheels to fit that kit. That is the way I would do it if I was going for that style.

And just for reference... Smoothie wheel options...

Intro - Smoothie
Boyd Coddington - Flat Top (I would never recommend)
Billet Specialties - Just order a Blank
Colorado Customs - Boulder, Rock Creek
Bonspeed - Just order a blank
Billet Accessories Direct - Just order a blank

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-10-2020 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 01-04-2006, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MyBoX
I'm not sure who has the widest wheel on their Scion but I have heard someone is running 13" and if they do, I'm sure they have done TONS of fabrication to make them fit. Just wondering have you seen 12"+ wheels in person, I mean, that is twice the width of the wheel our little box came with, so fitting 15x15 with any offset or better say the best offset possible is going to be verty very very HARD on this car, how do I know, I do this for living, but I'm sure its not impossible for a good body man but just hard and in that case some flares and camber is NOT going to take care of this for you. But if people can lay frame on cars with 28s I'm sure we can fit 15" wide wheel on a Box !! Just my 2 cent Sean
I've seen very wide 15s on 4WD trucks with super stretched boggers and also on minitrucks back in the day (Mazdas) with reverse offset and stretched tires.

I know they wont fit easily under the stock fender, but I like the super deep look with reverse offset. Flares or widebody kit are not out of the question.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 04-10-2020 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
QBQT... Save yourself the time and headache of a 15x15. Pretty much every American billet wheel company can build you a nice smoothie in whatever offset you want. If I were you though, I would go with one of their standard sizes. Offset is nothing for them, but getting the larger hoops will definitely cost you extra. And to be quite honest, it just won't look right on a box.

If you really want to tackle this, you have two approaches. One is to buy the wheels with the offset you want first and try to build you car around it. That means suspension, body kit, flares and the like. Or you can do it the other way around. Determine what suspension you want, what body kit you want and what flares you want to run. Then order the wheels to fit that kit. That is the way I would do it if I was going for that style.

And just for reference... Smoothie wheel options...

Intro - Smoothie
Boyd Coddington - Flat Top (I would never recommend)
Billet Specialties - Just order a Blank
Colorado Customs - Boulder, Rock Creek
Bonspeed - Just order a blank
Billet Accessories Direct - Just order a blank
I agree, looking at the route with the wheels first, build car around those. Not sure which way is cheaper but I'd like to deal with the wheels first. Thx!
Old 01-04-2006, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by magicmanjk808
qbqt, what have you learned so far about vipstyle?
I've learned as like other styles VIP Style changes in popularity, evolution, and subjectiveness as time passes by. I think of it as catching a particular wave of that style and riding it out as far as possible. Some people like 20ft waves, some like 2 ft waves, depending on how you look at it you can take it farther with the riskier wave but more chance to become either part of the elite or outcast as an extremist. Im leaning towards a VIP influenced style vs being a VIP purist. Some might say its contamination, some might say its an extension. I found a ton of pictures for the Extreme VIP topic, some sexy, some ugly, some too extreme for me. I think the VIP Culture is cool, some make it a lifestyle, just like folks who like JDM, full race, or drifters. Interesting thing about Hawaii is that a mix of styles may be easily more accepted, west and east influences, even decade(s) ago.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No one ever got Mybox to post pics of his wheels? I wanted to see that!
Old 05-23-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

No one going to get pics?