Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Front Clip..

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 05:45 PM
SL Member

Default Inner Fenders

so I found a wrecked purple xB and was able to remove the inner fender skirts, and the front grill complete with emblem. I looks like there are no struts, brackets or braces to fit them to - they seem to screw directly to the inner fender and/or body sheet metal up inside the fender well. Should be okay to retro fit to mine. The lower parts of the front fender skirt seem to attach to these inner fender skirts as well, so perhaps that will reduce the noise of the front end. We'll see.

Now, I cannot get the hood to spring upwards when the cable from the driver side is pulled (hood release). I'm thinking a spring or similar is missing.which adds a little upward tension so that when the hood latch is released, the hood pops up, stopping against the secondary release (manual at the front. Again, looking for pics of same. Also, related to the above paragraph, the hood latch must hold an additional bracket to take the center mounting bolt for the grille - mine seems to be missing. Should show in the schematic.

The maintenance manual path would be the way to go, provided they are detailed.

Thanks all - too bad about the cross traffic...