Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Headlights won't turn on

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Vlad1024
It's funny how it's always something really simple and people end up making a big deal about nothing.
Ha this made me think. My mom had a Pontiac Grand Am that had NOTHING but problems. Just one thing after another. It had some recall on it for the electrical wiring harness, and ever since after she got the recall work done it's been nothing, but a headache. She still has it, but won't take it further than 20 miles each way. It's not her only vehicle either anymore. They put in one of these switches that controlled the stereo, and electronics. So if the switch was off the car would still start, but the radio didn't go on, and the brake warning light was on. She got all freaked out thinking it was the master cylinder, and we went out there one day, and i turned the switch on, and the light went off. She was afraid for like a week before I thought of that.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:08 AM

Eight years later and here I am with the exact same issue and exact same solution! Hilarious but also grateful for the help! Kudos to the KISS principle. I was all riled up for frayed harness, new column switch ow who knows what. Two new bulbs later and I am hands - clean and heading out to dinner!

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

@archangel @madmike550 @Vlad1024