Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rear Spoiler Mounting Template..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2021, 11:00 PM
SL Member

I'd be down for one.......the spoiler is the easy part to score, lol. Not gonna unless there is hardware to mount it with.
Old 05-13-2021, 11:24 PM
SL Member

So, the top plastic grommet is the one I sourced and the bottom on is the one that came in my kit. There is a slight diameter variance, by t they both literally fit on to the lower mounting tab of the spiller the same way. Also, the top one seems to make sure the pin on the back of the spoiler stays centered in the grommets.

Last edited by Low_Kei; 05-14-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Originally Posted by Low_Kei
So, the top plastic grommet is the one I sourced and the bottom on is the one that came in my kit. There is a slight diameter variance, by t they both literally fit on to the lower mounting tab of the spiller the same way. Also, the rope one seems to make sure the pin on the back of the spoiler stays centered in the grommets.
Just out of curiosity how wide is the tab on the spoiler and how wide is the center portion of the grommet you sourced? Worst case a little trimming would fix it and you could even 'mimic' the stock one if you really felt compelled to do so.
Old 05-14-2021, 01:43 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MileHightC
Just out of curiosity how wide is the tab on the spoiler and how wide is the center portion of the grommet you sourced? Worst case a little trimming would fix it and you could even 'mimic' the stock one if you really felt compelled to do so.
I just test fitted one of the sourced grommets to the pin on the back of the OEM spoiler to see how it would fit. It fits perfect. Actually snaps in to place. I had to use a panel trim remover to take it back off. So other than being a slightly smaller outer diameter, the inner diameter is dead on.

Now to wait for the well nuts and bolts to get here.

Last edited by Low_Kei; 05-14-2021 at 08:32 PM.
Old 05-14-2021, 08:09 PM
SL Member

So the well nuts that I sourced came in. Same diameter and same threading on the insert. Tested with on of the bolts that came in my OEM mounting kit. The threads match up. The only variance in the thickness of the top of the well nuts that I sourced (The rubber is thicker to make up for the lack of the metal top insert that comes on the OEM one), and the sourced ones are slightly longer, but that’s fine. The bolts I sourced are coming in today as well and I will test for those with the sourced well nuts. The ones I sourced have a flared base to compensate for the lack of washer that comes with the OEM bolts. Same grade hardware though. I’ll keep everyone updated.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:45 PM
SL Member

Just got the bolts and test fitted. Perfect fit! Now to make a template for where to drill the holes and what size the holes need to be drilled at and I’ll go live with the kits.
Old 05-16-2021, 04:18 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by MileHightC
Likely going to be next to impossible to get as the "OEM Rear Spoiler Hardware Kit", part number 08150-52867, is discontinued by Toyota and I didn't see that any showed as available within the US.
Sorry to bother but I wanted to know where you got this information from. I am also looking for some parts and would like to know if any are left.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:26 AM
SL Member

Update. Have the original templates on the way. Going to make a slight adjustment to the template to accommodate the two millimeter difference in outer diameter between the OEM lower grommet and the one I sourced, then make copies for each set, then I’ll go live with the sale of the kits.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:35 AM
SL Member

I'll buy one from here, I'll buy one from there. Just sell them somewhere......
Old 05-20-2021, 12:39 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 04_Toaster
I'll buy one from here, I'll buy one from there. Just sell them somewhere......

The mounting templates will be here by the end of this week. Once they are here and I can make enough copies for the kits, I will package them and put them up for sale.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:30 PM
SL Member

Got the templates in and it came with the full factory installation guide.

I’ll be making copies of all the pages to include with each kit.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:16 AM
SL Member

Default OEM Spoiler Mounting Kits are Finished. PM me and I’ll also be posting in the Classif

Update time: OEM Spoiler Mounting Kits are finished. PM me and I’ll also be posting in the Classifieds:

xB: Rear Spoiler Mounting hardware Kits with Installation Guide / Templates

Low_Kei

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-02-2021 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Insert PPC Link
Old 06-02-2021, 09:24 AM
SL Member

Old 06-02-2021, 11:38 AM
SL Member

Ovaheeya, ovetheya, I will buy one eethaweya......
Old 07-09-2021, 04:52 AM
SL Member

Wanted to update people on the kits I made. A customer finally sent me two pics after he used my kit to do a spoiler install

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-09-2021 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spacing
Old 07-10-2021, 06:20 PM
SL Member

Wish I could find a nice Black or Blue OEM. Those eBay ones suck and only have the lower mounting points. Sent the POS back and got refund. Online salvage ones are stupid. New crazy
dealership price so no go on that either. No prospects in my local Pick ur Part places. Closest was $100 Brown OEM which would become 150+ after scoring paint and clear so I lazed out on that too.

___

Last edited by MR_LUV; 07-10-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-11-2021, 06:47 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by 04_Toaster
Wish I could find a nice Black or Blue OEM. Those eBay ones suck and only have the lower mounting points. Sent the POS back and got refund. Online salvage ones are stupid. New crazy
dealership price so no go on that either. No prospects in my local Pick ur Part places. Closest was $100 Brown OEM which would become 150+ after scoring paint and clear so I lazed out on that too.

___
I think I pay about $15 or $20 from the junkyard
Old 07-11-2021, 12:25 PM
SL Member

I would too....if I could find one. OK, I'll be more positive...........I will too, when I find one.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:43 PM
SL Member

Finally mounted my junkyard fin OEM spoiler. Used one of the mounting kits. Taped down the template, used a metal die to tap and mark the pilot holes. Drilled the pilot holes then used a step bit to get to the size needed so the well nuts
and grommets fit snug Installed the well nuts first, then tapped the grommets in place. Then popped the two lower prongs in to the grommets, and bolted the spoiler to the well nuts. Came out great and took me about 20 minutes give or take.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 01-11-2022 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2022, 08:33 PM
SL Member

Updating this post. I still have plenty of kits left. Seen people on here and in Facebook groups and other forums looking for spoiler instillation kits and templates for OEM spoilers… I have them available, just PM me.

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Mounting Template..