Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

RS 4.0 PAINT NIGHTMARES

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default RS 4.0 PAINT NIGHTMARES

well i had a little accident and someone backed up into my bumper tearing it right below were the license plate should be..well the body shop is having trouble with the persons insurance company...one..there saying that the paint anitn stock..and second cause the paint alone is almost 600 buck just for a pint....so far the "toaster" has been in the shop for 3 weeks...beware of insurance compaines...the will do anything to reject a claim...
Old 06-18-2008, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

dont be a wuss. the paint is stock. you pay a tad bit more insurance than a regular xb because of the RS stuff. at least i do for the RS2. get a statement or have your dealer call them and tell them it's stock. shouldnt matter how much it costs - you're paying for it on your premium. they tried that with my grills. didn't want to get me the $1300 grills and instead got me the stock $100 grills. i showed allstate the original sticker on my car window that had all the rs2 stuff listed and said i'd be happy to call my attorney and find out whos right. 2 weeks later i have my special edition grill. lol.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not going through my insurance company..the other guys has some b.s no name insurance company..i even showed them the invoice sticker..still being asses...they even went from replacing the bumper and paint..too jsut repairing the hole and paint..... but even so having hard time getting the paint from the dealer is a _____...has to come from japan..and who knows when it will get here...
Old 06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude you have to stand your ground... its not your fault for the accident... if worst comes to worst you have his name and you can take him and his insurance to a small claims court... i know it costs money to go to court but sue them for having to take you to court as well...

thats not fair and you better not just give up...

as far as the paint goes, its ok to have the whole there for a bit and wait for the paint from japan... as long as you're waiting with the guy's insurance money in your hands then youre ok
Old 06-18-2008, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Since it was someone that hit you you can persist that they replace the ENTIRE bumper. And say that it is painted the 1st time and does not look right you can take it back and have it done again. The insurance company MUST bring your car back to its original state.

If not you have yourself a good law suit there!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my wife is a liscenced insurance agen in the state of CA. What they are trying to do to you is 100% illegal.
If your car was cusatom painted 500 different colors, etc, airbrushing, vinyl graphics, the works,they must repair the damage completely to your satisfaction, bringing the vehicle back to it's pre-accident condition. no if's ands or buts about it. It dosn't matter that you have a special color, their client hit you and destroyed your property, by law they must make good on that, thats why people in CA are forced to carry car insurance. They will try to get out of it, because they think you are stupid.. tell them that you demand a factory bumper repolacement, and factory paint. if hey try to give you any BS, ask them to fax you a statement in writing saying why they are denying to bring your vehicle back to pre accident condition, next when you have that statement, tell them that you will call "your attourney" and he will file a case against them for defrauding you. Watch them change their tune right away.
now, if the accident had been your fault, your insurance company can reserve the right to repair damage instead of replace the bumper, and they can also reserve the right to use aftermarket parts in place of OEM, but it wasn't your fault, and by law, the other guy's insurance company MUST make you whole again. They MUST return your vehicle to pre-accident condition, not showroom condition, not non-RS condition, but PRE-ACCIDENT CONDITion, the condition the vehicle was in 5 seconds before the accident....
stand your ground. start demanding what they do for you, and dont settle for what they tell you they can or will do.
you are the one who is in charge, not them. dont let them trick you...
Old 06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

I had a similar situation. I called my agent, and told him what was going on, then he called her agent, and had is resolved in an hour, to my satisfaction.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Just get the estimate and have them cut you the check. Technically you could buy the bumper yourself and have it painted and install it yourself to save some money.
The other persons insurance has zero choice in the matter as others have stated!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
my wife is a liscenced insurance agen in the state of CA. What they are trying to do to you is 100% illegal.
If your car was cusatom painted 500 different colors, etc, airbrushing, vinyl graphics, the works,they must repair the damage completely to your satisfaction, bringing the vehicle back to it's pre-accident condition. no if's ands or buts about it. It dosn't matter that you have a special color, their client hit you and destroyed your property, by law they must make good on that, thats why people in CA are forced to carry car insurance. They will try to get out of it, because they think you are stupid.. tell them that you demand a factory bumper repolacement, and factory paint. if hey try to give you any BS, ask them to fax you a statement in writing saying why they are denying to bring your vehicle back to pre accident condition, next when you have that statement, tell them that you will call "your attourney" and he will file a case against them for defrauding you. Watch them change their tune right away.
now, if the accident had been your fault, your insurance company can reserve the right to repair damage instead of replace the bumper, and they can also reserve the right to use aftermarket parts in place of OEM, but it wasn't your fault, and by law, the other guy's insurance company MUST make you whole again. They MUST return your vehicle to pre-accident condition, not showroom condition, not non-RS condition, but PRE-ACCIDENT CONDITion, the condition the vehicle was in 5 seconds before the accident....
stand your ground. start demanding what they do for you, and dont settle for what they tell you they can or will do.
you are the one who is in charge, not them. dont let them trick you...
QFT
Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Took them 6 tries to get ours matched, and same thing they had to get the paint from Toyota...Good Luck they gave us the run around for just the pain for almost a month and 1/2...
Old 06-19-2008, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I knew that paint was gonna be a biatch to match plus with the cost, daym!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

yeah no joke......