Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Smart Key access to a XB

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Smart Key access to a XB

Has anyone ever tried to add smart key access to there XB, does anyone know if it is possible, like toyota has for the prius or a benz or lexus, I would like to add this to my xb I think it would be cool. Thanks to anyone who can help me.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Youd have to find a kit for it. If theres a aftermarket kit Im sure I could do it no problem and would like to.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Wow, that would be a really extensive mod. It would replace a ton of stuff and require a LOT of wiring.

I've never seen an aftermarket kit though. Buying all the parts for, say an Avalon or Prius or something would cost a small fortune. My bet would be in the $3000 to $5000 range.

If anybody could wire it though, ^^^ he could!

If you make any progress, let us know.

-Alex
Old 12-30-2005, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member

I hope its not that expensive, but I will keep looking and persueing this and see what I can find out, when I do I will definitely post it here.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

If you could f ind osme type of trasmitter that would pic up a signal withing a few feet of the car all I woul dneed to do it trigger a relay.

Youd have to have a remote start in the car and a push button installed. The push button would have to be hooked up to the activatoin wire of the remtoe start and set on 1 pulse. You push it once the remote start activates.

You would still have to insert your key at one point.

I think that would be the cheapest way.

If you want a true system youd need to pull it out of another car.
Old 12-30-2005, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member

Thats cool but I am looking for the true system, I think that would provide more shock and oh, and would be cooler, thanks for the help though I really appreciate it. Someone has to have thought of this before I just cant believe know one has tried this before.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I was looking around at work and found a company that makes something like that I am looking into it more and will get back to ya after Im done with work.

Company is called TRC (the right connections) trc12volt.com I think is the site.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member

I checked the website but couldnt find anything like that but maybe I have to call and ask about that, I will try tommorow.
Old 12-31-2005, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member

The more and more I check into this I am finding that the technology is so new in cars even though it has been around for years. That know one might never make a kit like this to install in a car, or that maybe it isn't just cost effective because you can just buy a car alarm that does much the same things and is alot cheaper than what the dealer charges for the system in a car already. It was a dream though, maybe this will be a option in the next version of the XB. Toyota has it for the prius maybe it will offer this for some of its other vehicles down the line.
Old 12-31-2005, 05:09 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

time for a lame easy question, what is it and what does it do???
Old 12-31-2005, 05:27 AM
5 Year Member

Have you ever seen a benz or a lexus, and somebody walks up to it and never pulls a key out and just gets in and pushes a button and start there car and takes off, or they get out and walk away and the windows roll up and the sunroof closes and the doors lock. this is a smart key, you can just leave it in your pocket and it recognizes the key in your pocket and lets you into your vehicle. This is a good question some people dont know, or just never pay attention to stuff like that, I got a buddy with a c230 benz and it is the coolest thing.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

the alarm company asain wolf makes something like that i believe but it just unlocks the doors i think
Old 02-18-2006, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not to be a party pooper but is it really that hard to push a button on a key fob.. seriously your remote control for your tv probably gets more action in a month than your key fob will ever have in its life.. I see nothing wrong with pushing a button to unlock a car.. as for the keyless start. or other push type systems.. New bmw's without keyless access require the key to be inserted into the dash.. then a button pressed.. now how much time did you just save? as for unlocking the car with your arms full.. we 've been doing it for years.. I can see the neat aspect of keyless start and entry but is that click on the keyfob really so physically stressful that it can justify the price?