Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

TRUE Rat Rod xB.....a master plan.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default TRUE Rat Rod xB.....a master plan.....

So...I already have a moderately modded TCM xB with an art-house/comfort-cruiser/slight-VIP look (Tein H, 4 Konis, 15" flat black 5 spoke Rotas and black lugs with 195-70-15 Goodyear Comfort Treads, intake, strut, cruise, Webasto ragtop, permanent satin black roof rails, satin black painted alloy RS 2 grille, Ichiko headlights painted TCM, stoplight style tail lights, in dash touch screen for mini-PC, infared backup cam, subwoofer, Zeta storage armrest, grey leather steering wheel, custom fitted charcoal sheepskins, lots of interior customizing like hand woven uniquely designed carpets, custom made trick AT handle, silver foil and lacquer center console, JDM crystal AC *****, hand made silk curtains, rear seat removed and maple wood floor installed with another custom made carpet over that and more...)

anyway....I want to make another style xB (and keep the one described above) from a salvage xB - turn it into a true Rat Rod styled rig (but still comfortable, economical and safe)....so....I was thinkin' with $5000. for a (rear hit) salvage xB and another $5-7,000 or so I could make a nice-n-rough "Open Deck" style xB.....

cut that back out and make a bed leaving a nice potentially closed space behind the front seats, eliminating the rear doors....
doing some metal work and then using wood to make the bed and trim the whole thing out...
the bed gate and bumper (leaving the underneath structure intact) could be fashioned/covered with wood also....do the same to the front bumper to match.....
mke the fender wells much larger to accomodate bigger wheels and tires (no ricey low profile rubber, but fatter old school looking wheel/tire combo....
maybe work out some open cockpit roof idea with canvas/wood panels or just as huge a sunroof as possible for the front......
paint the whole car "Satin" flat black...or primer battleship grey...or hospital grey/green....
and totally modify the interior to be stylishly rough - whatever that means.....
not high gloss finishing throughout the car, but rather matte/metal/wood/nuts-n-bolts.....

the resulting xB has a much higher profile (which no one has ever done to my knowledge) with a usable truck bed (albeit a tiny one ala the Open Deck model)....looking mean and truly original but retaining all the original attributes (OK - it will handle differently being higher with larger wheels/tires, but in a fun way I think)...far from Monster Truck, rather.....Rat Rod meets small pick up meets econo-box meets......whatever....but still very much an xB......

Anybody have specific ideas that could go with the above plan? I would greatly appreicate any workable suggestions to apply toward the project......mucho gracias in advance....B-ford
Old 02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I hope everything goes well, but please don't double post this.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107915

Locked.