Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

why are lip kits so expensive???

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Quick

Default why are lip kits so expensive???

I’ve been browsing the net and this site and all the lip kits for the xB are outrageously priced! I am in the process of developing a lip kit for the xB and plan to offer the kit for less than $600.

My question to the members of this site is what style or options would you like to see for a kit. For those that are graphically inclined either paper drawing scanned in or cgi generated will be helpful in this process.

The designer of the kit chosen by the members on this will receive his/her kit free. Please post front, rear and side options of the kit you think will represent the xB to the fullest.

For any questions or comments feel free to email me. quick@arresnowboards.com

-Quick

Old 10-03-2003, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

hope this helps
this is my fav kit!!! (sliver)

2th fav
Old 10-03-2003, 11:18 PM
Quick

Which one out of the two? Those are also both full bumpers, would you rather have a full bumper or add on lip kit?

-Quick

Old 10-03-2003, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

if i could get the top kit i would want the hole kit but some kind of lip would be nice to make it in carbon fiber and plastic
Old 10-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Quick

We can manufacture either fiberglass, poly and carbon fiber. All i need is a majority on one type of kit and materials and i can offer pricing and can start producing.

-Quick

Old 10-04-2003, 12:18 AM
Founder
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Most of the lip kits are expensive because they are from Japan. I think the Red Genie kit that is produced here in the US is much more reasonable.

Darren
Old 10-04-2003, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
N.G.S.O.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Why are lip kits so expensive you ask?

Well, right now it's really early in the Scion line and a lot of people/companies are hoping to capitalize on people who are being "eager beavers" in trying to get a kit before everyone else, etc. Of course, there are always going to be people who will splurge and pay any amount a company wants to charge--and until the market becomes more saturated with competition, the companies can charge whatever they feel like.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Quick

The sooner I have an idea on the style kit we should make it will take no longer than a month to have kits in production. As long as I can see it I can make it and offer kits at a reasonable price.

Being the manufacture we can set an obtainable price for the Scion members and deliver quality parts at an affordable price.

-Quick

http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/s...ight=qeiracing

Click the above link to see one our newest product!

Old 10-04-2003, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think US consumers should worry less about cost, and more about quality. I know it's a tall order to ask for, and it's only in the US where companies can become super huge overnight simply by offering knockoffs of quality components at a cheaper price, but at a major sacrifice in quality. I think as a manufacturer, you should instead of perpetuating this mindset, produce quality products (even if at a premium in price to the consumer), and then basically spearhead the movement towards quality parts. As more manufacturers realize that they really can't get away with cheapy, crappy products because the public doesn't want doo doo parts anymore, they will realize that they have to produce GOOD stuff for a change, and then... finally.... we'll be able to enjoy QUALITY products at LOW prices...instead of CRAP products at LOW prices. I know which of those two gorups I'd rather choose. But it's gotta start somewhere, and if you're on the manufacturing level, and really care about the consumer, you'll take the initiative. And the added benefit to you: people will eventually know you as the company that makes the bad ___ parts, not the ___ parts.

BTW, the difference in price? Almost every aftermarket body kit part I've come across from Japan has been sooooooooooooooo much better in quality than the stuff I see from US companies (with the exception of stuff made for domestic cars). It's worth paying a little extra for something that fits right, lasts longer, and looks better... but that's just me.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Quick

Originally Posted by ScionVan
I think US consumers should worry less about cost, and more about quality. I know it's a tall order to ask for, and it's only in the US where companies can become super huge overnight simply by offering knockoffs of quality components at a cheaper price, but at a major sacrifice in quality. I think as a manufacturer, you should instead of perpetuating this mindset, produce quality products (even if at a premium in price to the consumer), and then basically spearhead the movement towards quality parts. As more manufacturers realize that they really can't get away with cheapy, crappy products because the public doesn't want doo doo parts anymore, they will realize that they have to produce GOOD stuff for a change, and then... finally.... we'll be able to enjoy QUALITY products at LOW prices...instead of CRAP products at LOW prices. I know which of those two gorups I'd rather choose. But it's gotta start somewhere, and if you're on the manufacturing level, and really care about the consumer, you'll take the initiative. And the added benefit to you: people will eventually know you as the company that makes the bad ___ parts, not the ___ parts.

BTW, the difference in price? Almost every aftermarket body kit part I've come across from Japan has been sooooooooooooooo much better in quality than the stuff I see from US companies (with the exception of stuff made for domestic cars). It's worth paying a little extra for something that fits right, lasts longer, and looks better... but that's just me.
I completely agree, manufactures in the US have all jumped on the bandwagon of mass production to meet the needs of the consumer and have thrown the quality out of the door to produce more at a lower cost. I am a firm believer in quality over quantity due to the fact that the consumer is who makes a company based on reputation. To be known as a quality company with a slightly higher price versus low cost and bad quality is what we are aiming for.

-Quick

Old 10-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Quick

By the way, is a lip kit or full bumper more of interest to the xB drivers?

-Quick

Old 10-05-2003, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Quick
By the way, is a lip kit or full bumper more of interest to the xB drivers?

-Quick
shoo fly shoo
Old 10-06-2003, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member

anyone know who makes the 2nd kit?
Old 10-06-2003, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i am more interested in a full bumpers for front and rear.