First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

**Questions** NYCxB Need Answers/ Reccommendations

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default **Questions** NYCxB Need Answers/ Reccommendations

OK guys & gals, I'm seeking knowledge and hoping you can help.

Question 1:

Exterior: I gotta wax this thing, mine is Black and is begging for it. I see some reccommending Zaino brothers stuff and others Mecquirs (sp?). I have no choice but to go to a car wash (we don't have access to hoses in buildings in NYC) and want to know what are you using that is great (please give me the exact brand).

Question 2:

Interior: I won't ever use armor all again as it is the worst thing for the interior, other than a damp towel, what are you using?

Question 3:

Lighting (Interior): I'm still on the fence with going with the stock neons, to those who have them, do you have to have your headlights on to activate them? Randode only works when your headlights are on. Need a suggestion!

Question 4:

Power: CAI, does it really make a difference? I drove from NYC to Philly yesterday (181 miles round trip) and barely reached 101 mph. The xB was comfortable in the 80-90 range but beyond that it was pressing.

Question 5:

Sideview mirrors: I'm digging the ones on the RS2 with the flash indicator, anyone install them on their non-RS2?

As always thanks and I am fast approaching my 6 month anniversary with my xB (got mine in Novemember 2004) and will have to make a trip to the dealer for its first check up.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Whats crackin

NYCxb,

You in the City?

N Y C X B O X
Old 04-27-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Born and raised in Brooklyn.

Live and work in Manhattan.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Answer 1 : I am in your same boat...so I think I am going to take it to a detailing place

Answer 2 : I usually just use a damp towel and wipe it of...sorry

Answer 3: I would not get the dealer option (too expensive and not bright enough) as far as having them on without the lights...you can do that...its just a matter of where you TAP to get the powersource

Answer 4: I don't have a CAI but I have driven a few that have..and yes..you do feel the difference..I would recommend the Injen Short ram..it sounds really good and you can't beat the price...(thats what I am getting.. )

Answer 5 : I have not seen any NON RS2 car with the sidemarker mirror...I am not even sure they are selling that part separate from the dealer..I believe you can buy that from www.newscionparts.com

PS: Where in the city are you? maybe we have seen each other before...
Old 04-27-2005, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ikhonlord
Answer 1 : I am in your same boat...so I think I am going to take it to a detailing place
I thought about doing this as well, but would love to do it myself.

Answer 2 : I usually just use a damp towel and wipe it of...sorry
No problem

Answer 3: I would not get the dealer option (too expensive and not bright enough) as far as having them on without the lights...you can do that...its just a matter of where you TAP to get the powersource
Randode is charging $100 and it only works with the headlights on. I have found the Scion ones for as low as $129.00. If they work without the headlights that could be a plus.

Answer 4: I don't have a CAI but I have driven a few that have..and yes..you do feel the difference..I would recommend the Injen Short ram..it sounds really good and you can't beat the price...(thats what I am getting.. )
Is that the dealer one?

Answer 5 : I have not seen any NON RS2 car with the sidemarker mirror...I am not even sure they are selling that part separate from the dealer..I believe you can buy that from www.newscionparts.com
That is where I saw it. I think that would look great and add in a billet grill...

PS: Where in the city are you? maybe we have seen each other before...
Could be. I don't see many xB's. I'm in the Tribeca area.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

1. shining monkey d-spec lineup..fuij tested fuji approved
2. pending
3. make your own..use piggy back fuse and a switch
4. injen short ram.
5. i have the carbon fiber mirrors..
Old 04-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

1: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax. It's liquid, looks great, easy on, easy off, but it's not as long lasting as some.

2: Armor All Low Gloss

3: I have factory lighting in Blue. It looks good and is not too much light to have on while driving at night, but illuminates well. I can turn them off and on as I please regardless of the headlamps.

4: I have the AEM, looks and sounds good. Theres a little more power and quicker throttle response. I have never had it above 90 since getting the AEM on, just before, so I cannot comment on the difference.

5: I don't know.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Re: **Questions** NYCxB Need Answers/ Reccommendations

Originally Posted by NYCxB

Question 3:

Lighting (Interior): I'm still on the fence with going with the stock neons, to those who have them, do you have to have your headlights on to activate them? Randode only works when your headlights are on. Need a suggestion!

If you dont listen to anyone else's advise, LISTEN TO MINE! Google "computer cathode lighting"

Buy cathodes from one of those stores, you should be able to find 12 inch tubes for around 7 BUCKS! a piece, now you cant beat that, the inverter you need to power them wont cost much more. Since a computer and our vehicles both have a 12 volt power supply system this is why you can use these. Please please please PLEASE don't spend 100 dollars on a kit like this.

This installation is so so simple. Attach the tubes under dash and under seats with zip ties or some little plastic brackets, for power and ground simply tap into anything such as your cigg lighter wires... SO SO EASY! Pm me if you have any questions
Old 05-17-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Wax

I work at a car wash in mobile, al and have worked here for 3 years and we see a lot of love bugs, over spray, and the sun is constantly beating down on every car's paint. i know black is a major pain in the ___ to maintain but a great brand to use is Meguiars Car Products. make sure u get a wax that is carnuba, its basically a heavy duty wax that will or at least should help u out tremendously. use a standard wax pad (soft carpet like pad) and be sure to remove your wax with a micro fiber towel. u can get all of these products at wal-mart or your average auto parts store. and i would suggest that you wax it at least once a month if you are in a sunny part of town. i have never personally been to ny but in mobile we get a relentless amount of sun. but if u decide to hand wash it your self be sure to use terricloths, when damp they will not scratch your car. i hope this helps you out and if u have any more ?'s or concerns then holler at me.

shayne
Old 05-18-2007, 06:51 AM
SL Member

Holy old thread Batman.