Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

06 Scion Xb Radiator Fan not turning On

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:00 AM

Default 06 Scion Xb Radiator Fan not turning On

Last week my radiator fan messed up. I got the replacement and installed it. Problem is that the fan does not come on. I already checked the relays, the connections, the temp sensor. To my knowledge everything is fine. I know that there is something simple to check, due to when I turn on the ac the fan does not turn on. I tried the 3 electrical fan motors, and none of them turn on. The ac does send cool air out, but the fan never turns on. I know for a fact that the thermostat is working, due to taking forever to heat up. The only problem that I noticed is that when I turn on the ac, the fan does not turn on. Immediately thought that the relays were stuck, and I took them out and hit them lightly and when the ignition is put on the on position. The relays click, so the relays are good. Now the issue is when the ac is put on the on position, the fan does not kick in. I wait until the temperature starts flashing on the panel, and still it does not turn on. Sorry for asking again, but on the document on the other post, where the doc for the scion xb is not valid no more. Please help me troubleshoot my xb. Never taken it to a shop, only to the dealer to do a trans fluid change (complete). All the work I've done by myself, and had it since 06. Never gave me troble like this.