2007 Scion xB

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

Originally Posted by doubledown
So, if there are NO 2007 xB's being made/sold, it would seem that Scion should offer some kind of discount or promotion since people are STILL buying 2006 xB's. I know I was going to get one.....but not sure yet. I still have my tC to sell.
what do you think this is? GM or Ford?
Old 11-19-2006, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I'm just used to MOST car companies discounting cars they have on there lot with new models coming out....not a big deal. Now, I'm debating to get a xB now, or wait a year for the "NEW" model....but when will that arrive.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You will be able to see pics and descriptions of the new model before it gets to your dealership, and can probably decide then if you want to pick up one of the few remaining "old school" xBs or wait for one of the new models.

Unless the new model is so absolutely fantastic that no one would consider owning anything else, I expect the "old" model to sell out pretty quickly once folks can see what the new will be like.

Then again, there will be folks who will absolutely want to wait for the new model (longer, lower, wider, bigger engine).

It appears that some dealers are trying to get as many current models in stock as they can, so they will be ready for that 'final rush' for them. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

Tomas
Old 11-19-2006, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tomas, you always post wisdom to the madness.....
Old 11-20-2006, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tomas, thanks for the reply....have they announced what the 08 xB's will be yet? The bigger engine is a nice feature. Will the price stay the same though for these xB's?

Thanks...we'll see if I sell my tC anytime soon. If not, I may trade it in eventually.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
You will be able to see pics and descriptions of the new model before it gets to your dealership, and can probably decide then if you want to pick up one of the few remaining "old school" xBs or wait for one of the new models.

Unless the new model is so absolutely fantastic that no one would consider owning anything else, I expect the "old" model to sell out pretty quickly once folks can see what the new will be like.

Then again, there will be folks who will absolutely want to wait for the new model (longer, lower, wider, bigger engine).

It appears that some dealers are trying to get as many current models in stock as they can, so they will be ready for that 'final rush' for them. It will be interesting to see how it all comes out.

Tomas
That's a pretty spot-on observation. The only thing is, the new one will not be here before we are totally sold out of the old ones. I suspect we'll be sold out before a pricing announcment is made. My educated guess is there we'll start getting details of equipment and spec of the new one in late January. Don't expect pricing until only a couple of weeks before the new one is released. That means April and I would be we're clean out by March.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's what you do: you buy one of the old-school xBs now, but warehouse it until the new ones come out. If you prefer old-school, you're set. If not, you sell a mint-in-box old-school to someone who waited and regrets it because they hate the new-school ones.

Yeah, it is an excessively rosy scenario, isn't it?
Old 11-22-2006, 05:44 AM
5 Year Member

That scenario is not far off though....there will be plenty of people looking for the old body style once the new one comes out. They will be the true Scion customers though....not the average customer coming in the door.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

for shure - the interior rocks but that thing is ugly