Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

AHHHHHHHHH! [Jealous of aunt getting xB first]

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member

Default AHHHHHHHHH! [Jealous of aunt getting xB first]

ok so heres my dilema! Im stuck in north carolina for the summer with my aunt, so i cant buy my xb til i get back to Nebraska! but anyway, i have been ranting and raving about this car to my aunt, boasting all its features and how much i love it.. the other day one came to the restaurant, (my aunt and unc own a restaurant, thats why im down here, to work) and they were talking to these folks about there gift shop. My unc told my aunt that there was an xb outside and so they went to go look at it, as luck would have it, it was the people that they were talking to. So the people let my aunt and unc look in it and sit in it and such and they were talking about how there from indiana (or somewhere i dont really remember) and how they bought it for there daughter and were driving it back, they loved it, yada yada, the same story almost everyone has that drives an xb. So they conversed for quite some time and i guess that the wife of the people owned an mercury mystic and she was thinking of trading it just because it was so economical. SO... to make my story short, now my aunt is dead set on getting one. She wants to trade her tahoe in for one so that she can have something more economical to tool around town in, and something that she can still fit the dogs(3) in. im kinna mad now cause my aunt is gunna get her xb before i do and she hasnt been in love with it for a fraction of the amount of time that i have been. Also they own a bitness and really 15k is like ____ in a pot so when she gets her xb, shell prob deck it out and make it look really nice. Shes already set on leather and sunroof(can get these at dealer now). Im just a kid (19) ... so i was planning on starting bare and building up to a nice looking box. ARG.. spoiled my vision!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dont give up hope!

save up the money for your future mods
Old 07-29-2004, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member

Talk them into buying you one too!! If they got the $$
Old 07-29-2004, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Don't hate, congratulate. Besides, what's a little friendly rivalry
Old 07-29-2004, 09:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Don't begrudge them - I'll bet they've paid their dues and now get to reap some of the rewards. You still gotta some payments to make...

You should appreciate that they are able to go out and buy one, that's also why they are able to give you a job. generally speaking, tho, restaurants usually don't make a huge profit margin, just because they own it doesn't mean they are flush with spendable assets...

Look at the bright side:

1) It could be your mother that bought one - at least this one won't be in your driveway competing with yours when you get back home.

2) A perfect testbed - you can help your aunt mod hers and that will prepare you for when you finally get yours.

Kinda like the old saying: Youth is wasted on the young. Sports cars are wasted on the old...
Old 07-30-2004, 04:42 AM
5 Year Member

good thought guys, guess ill have to let it grow on me that good ol' auntie likes the xb too, and whoever said that was right. THank GOoDness isnt not my mum!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why do you have to wait until you go back to NB?
Old 07-30-2004, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member

i have to waite til i get back to nEbraska because of financial purpose<1 and because rents dont want there 18 y/o baby driving across country in a brand new car<2 . Other than that, im all up for getting it here and drivin home... although i was planning on using the money i make down here as a downpayment....so thats my only real prob with getting it down here, plus i wasnt sure how good it is for a car to drive that much before its really broken it, even though i know people do it all the time.