Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Owners Lounge
First Generation 2004-2006.5 [NCP31]

Bigger alternator and replacing belts

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member

Default Bigger alternator and replacing belts

I was wondering if anyone has ever DIY changing their two serpentine belts & replacing the 90amp alternator to a bigger amp one? Also, can anyone recommend a good belt to use & a place that sells bigger amp alternators.

Oh, can anyone tell me if there is anything else i would need to do to upgrade to a bigger amp alternator?

As for my belt, it's making a chripping noise under load with the A/C on & off.My xB only get 15,000 miles.

Can anyone help me with this?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well the only thing i could say is that i have seen in ebay a bigger amp
alternator that is a direct fit.
but i have neber seen what you are asking
Old 12-28-2007, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member

Has anyone tried alternators from ebay stores HI-AMPS ALTERNATORS or Iraggi Alternator and Electronics?

I wanted to know how good the product and service is. Also, what was needed to do to install?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dominick Iraggi is amazing at what he does. He has the support of many top SPL competitors and many others.

I'd buy from him. If you have any questions, email him, he'll tell you everything you need to know!

I've never heard of HI-Amp Alternators, I have heard of HO Alternators, but not HI-Amp.

Cliffs: Go with Dominick.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MSIGuy
Dominick Iraggi is amazing at what he does. He has the support of many top SPL competitors and many others.

I'd buy from him. If you have any questions, email him, he'll tell you everything you need to know!
x2 I have a friend who has talked to him and is going to get one from him, and you don't even have to send him yours, so if you ever go back to stock you can put it back on. He offers two diff ones, I don't remember what amps each are though and for an extra $100 gives you a lifetime warranty.
when I start upgrading my stuff I will be buying from him.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

I got my belt problem fixed from the dealer. they said that my belt was rounding off and someone sprayed a dressing on it. they put new belts on and its all good. i'll try and email the guy and i'll see from there. if anyone else still has advice on the alternator please let me know.
Old 12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Gothbox
Originally Posted by MSIGuy

x2 I have a friend who has talked to him and is going to get one from him, and you don't even have to send him yours, so if you ever go back to stock you can put it back on. He offers two diff ones, I don't remember what amps each are though and for an extra $100 gives you a lifetime warranty.
when I start upgrading my stuff I will be buying from him.
At one time there was a thing where he offered a transferable plan so if you ever got another car he'd exchange you yours for the price difference or something like that... I'm not sure, but I seem to remeber something like that.

Dominick has built some crazy alternators. He built one that put out 1600 amps. That's no typo. He used it in his extreem SPL car with only one battery and hit in the 170db range. He knows his stuff!