Balliztik
SL Member

I think Cubed would be a better screen name that kiad
Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
it is not beat....just that I put a lot of miles on my cars (100 per day all highway) and would like a warranty... and a clean pallet????
Well if you bought it new then it should last if you don't abuse it - warrenty is nice only if you need it. Now if you have lost the creative spark to mod it further then I understand . . . the challange is gone and you need a fresh canvas. With that much driving on a daily basis I would think an xD sould be nice since it a lower profile and a little slicker aero wise yet not as much as gas pig as the tC can be.
I got a little bored with my list of CD music 160 songs so yesterday I pressed the random play button and poof the music sounds better already.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww good luck sciond. welcome to the trade/getting a new car crew.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Coming to the end of an era?

Unless something changes I am starting to dismantle the XB next week for parting out ....going back to almost stock for sale or trade...I don't think I am going to like the XB2 or XD so it looks like a Soul or a cube.... The box has 110,000 miles and it looks like the time to move on......unless I can't bring myself to do it
that stinks man, yoru car is clean

but being a vulture sell me that backup camera
Old 05-29-2009, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by bbszero
I think Cubed would be a better screen name that kiad
lmao
or sould?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by Jan06xB
it is not beat....just that I put a lot of miles on my cars (100 per day all highway) and would like a warranty... and a clean pallet????
Well if you bought it new then it should last if you don't abuse it - warrenty is nice only if you need it. Now if you have lost the creative spark to mod it further then I understand . . . the challange is gone and you need a fresh canvas. With that much driving on a daily basis I would think an xD sould be nice since it a lower profile and a little slicker aero wise yet not as much as gas pig as the tC can be.
I got a little bored with my list of CD music 160 songs so yesterday I pressed the random play button and poof the music sounds better already.
you know 5.5 years of building and showing this car...shame of it all is I can't get any thing worthwhile out of it unless I part it out...although it would not not too much more to be competitive on the show circuit again
Old 05-29-2009, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ahhhh but then that is the nature of cars unless you keep them for 20 years and who know what we will be burning for fuel in 20 years from now... On the other hand if you made it go really fast or get a lot higher gas mileage then you would have something that someone might want to pay for. I for instance changed my engine lube to Synlube at 3700 miles and now I have a better running cleaner burning quieter running engine that gets over 40mpg all the time and into the 50's often when I don't have to keep stopping and does not require any oil changes for 150,000 miles and should last over 250k if it doesn't rust out by then. There is plenty of room inside, it handles well and can cruise over 400 miles on a 10 gallon tank of regular . . . what more do you want?
Old 05-29-2009, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm starting to feel the same way about my xB. I think it's time for some change...
Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its like being married for many years... time for a divorce? jk
Old 05-29-2009, 01:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First car 65 Rambler 72-84?, 80VW Rabbit 80-94, 94Geo Metro 93-2006, 06xB 2005- . . . You all are listening to too many car commercials I think!
Old 05-29-2009, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by ketchup_xb
its like being married for many years... time for a divorce? jk
lol been there too......
Old 05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

With that many miles, I would move on too. Good luck on selling it. My choice out tof those two would be the cube.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Coming to the end of an era?

Unless something changes I am starting to dismantle the XB next week for parting out ....going back to almost stock for sale or trade...I don't think I am going to like the XB2 or XD so it looks like a Soul or a cube.... The box has 110,000 miles and it looks like the time to move on......unless I can't bring myself to do it
I've got 80000 mi.on my RS3. I picked up a silver XB with 32000 mi for the wife a few months ago for under ten grand that should last her a long time as she only puts 8K per year on her cars. I may drive mine till the wheels fall off.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne
With that many miles, I would move on too. Good luck on selling it. My choice out tof those two would be the cube.
I'd be wondering just how many miles these little chain driven engines would go.

My choice would be the Soul. They are both pretty cool, but it's that stupid rear cargo door on the Cube that gets me. I just can't see driving down the highway with a roll of carpet or something hanging out the back of the Cube with that rear door open up to traffic like that. With the xB or the Soul, and the up swinging door, it's not such a problem.

The Cube is kind of less of a utilitarian vehicle for that reason, IMO.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I drove a Cube and would prob get one if sumthing happened to my xB. They look great w/ the factory body kits and some 18" wheels. It made a real good first impression on me.

I like the brown color and moss green. This is one like off cubelife

Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I chose the box so I would hopefully not have to get another car for 300k miles or so.

Once its paid off, I might look into something else for speeeed if I'm making good money by then.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I'm at 115,000 miles, and next week I'm getting rear hub spacers, new tires for the 17's, first set of rear brake shoes, new Monroe shocks, I'm putting the Energy Suspension bushings in......

I got my car Dec. of '05. It's been paid off since Oct. '06, I put around 70 miles on it per day with my new job. I'm driving this till the wheels fall off too.

Sure, I would like to go out and buy a new car. I love the smell of them. It would be faster. I would have paint on the front of the car, and there wouldn't be scratches and chips all over. But I'm not. I'm too cheap, I like going to Scion events, there are still things I want to do to my car, and I still like the practicality of the car.

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member

Yea the Cube picked up where the xB1 left off I think... I can't wait to go test drive one. Love the Hampster commercial for the Soul too. I just bought my first xB1 w/60k miles on it, so I'll be rolling with that for a while...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The main thing I worry about with the Cube, is fun factor I guess.

CVTs are incredibly boring and I've read that the Cube doesn't handle too well.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I wasnt impressed with either... With my box finally being paid off I have been looking around for a daily... the second gen is just a little too bulky for me to enjoy, the xD just doesnt do it like it first it... The soul has none, and the cube is a little whacky, even though that is what drew me to the xB in the first place...

Good luck in your search

Quick Reply: Coming to the end of an era?